7mm/300 Norma Mag

I know someone has because I've read about it on this website. I think he was from Alaska. When I was drawing up my 7mm Wildcat, I considered building an improved version of one. I still have a couple boxes of new 300 Norma brass I bought for measuring. I decided to use a RUM case because of the action choices.

I have look for posts on this setup on the but could not fine any thing
I would think it would be hot one

I have a 7-300 Norma improved I'm shooting a 180 Berger just under 3500 fps out of a 33 inch barrel. I expect around 700 rounds of barrel life

I have a 7-300 Norma improved I'm shooting a 180 Berger just under 3500 fps out of a 33 inch barrel. I expect around 700 rounds of barrel life

It would take me a long time to shoot 700 rounds, what twist is your barrel and
what power are you using

Search 7mm Jazz and 7mm Thor, both been around since before the 300 Norma. The Norma Mag case is definitely in the top 5 cases for a 195 launching platform.

I am building one as we speak with GAPrecision out of Kansas City. I was looking for a very fast 7mm rifle that is capable of shooting big giant bullets. I want to be able to use the full case capacity while optimizing the rifle chamber for the berger hybrid. It requires a box mag but we can do it with the HSP mag and have it remain fairly flush with the stock.

I am a big fan of hitting animals as hard as I can with the most energy possible. I am not running this as a target or as a precision rifle, it is strictly for hunting so the bbl should last me 1000 +/- rounds I hope.

Going to run a 1:8 twist 26 inch barrel and chamber it specifically for the 195 bergers. Should be able to get in the 3200 fps range and keep stability at 1.75 or higher. Templar Action, Timney Trigger and Manners Stock. Hope to have it in about 3 months and be able to share results.

I am building one as we speak with GAPrecision out of Kansas City. I was looking for a very fast 7mm rifle that is capable of shooting big giant bullets. I want to be able to use the full case capacity while optimizing the rifle chamber for the berger hybrid. It requires a box mag but we can do it with the HSP mag and have it remain fairly flush with the stock.

I am a big fan of hitting animals as hard as I can with the most energy possible. I am not running this as a target or as a precision rifle, it is strictly for hunting so the bbl should last me 1000 +/- rounds I hope.

Going to run a 1:8 twist 26 inch barrel and chamber it specifically for the 195 bergers. Should be able to get in the 3200 fps range and keep stability at 1.75 or higher. Templar Action, Timney Trigger and Manners Stock. Hope to have it in about 3 months and be able to share results.

There is some guys in Ohio at Thunder Valley shooting 7/300 Norma out to 1000 yard with the 190 Matrix.

I would build a minimum of a 28 inch barrel. 26 you would be giving away a lot of velocity. 30 would be optimal.

Warning! This thread is more than 5 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.