7mm 180 Hybrid

bkondeff

I have purchased 168 Classic Hunters, and know these to be "Hybrid" "Hunting" bullets.

Looking for the equivalent in 180 grain, but not finding in a "Hunting" version. Is the only option for 180 Hybrid, simply the "Match Hybrid Target"?

I have the 180 "Hunting VLD".

This i a perfect question for bergers technical staff, they are really good with this kinda stuff.

Im not 100% sure, but i believe the only 180gn match hybrid is a target bullet.

If you still are considering using it for hunting search LRH with the little white box at the upper right corner of this page. Im sure someone here has shot something with em, or at least done expansion test.

168 grains is the only 7mm Classic Hunter weight available.

The idea of the Classic Hunter line is bullets that are stabilized and magazine length in SAAMI spec rifles. a 168 fills this bill nicely, but a 180 would not.

The only 180 Hybrid is the Target Hybrid, which is much more optimized for BC, but requires a faster twist rate than the traditional 1:9.25" and has a long nose that won't allow magazine feeding.

I hope this clears it up for you,
-Bryan

Bryan, thanks a ton for replying, I know how busy you are. I figured so many guys on here used these they would pipe up.

I have some 180 Hunting VLD's, I'll try those. Not sure I want to use Target bullets on game.

I am aware a lot of people are using them. The current configuration of my rifle, only 24" barrel, is better suited to 168's anyway. I intend to rebarrel, and maybe rechamber from RM to 7-300WM, so then I will focus more on 180 Hybrid and hope they come out with the "Elite Hunter" version by then.

Warning! This thread is more than 10 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.