7mm 180 Berger Hybrid Target for Elk?

6x6 elk

I have a 7mm RUM that is shooting the 180 grain Berger targets really well. Has anybody out there used this bullet for elk? And how did they perform? I'll be using H 1000 for my powder. Thanks for the help.

Seems as though the thicker jacket would be a plus for penatration vs the Hunting VLD

I was shooting the 180 hb and really liked it. when they brought out the 175 Elite hunters, I tried them and didn't change a thing in my load and they were just as accurate and they are good hunting bullets too.

Idahoorion

180 Berger Hybrid from 7LRM hit the bull in my aviator at 650 ish yards. Performed perfectly in my opinion.

image.jpeg

180 Hunting VLDs failed to perform consistently on 3 animals for me from a 7mm STW. I can go into more detail or copy multiple write ups from past threads they didn't pencil and didn't kill so my only guess is very rapid expansion. Recovered 2 animals and never got the third.

Warning! This thread is more than 6 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.