7mm 162 ELD-x group

Longshotjames

Tikka t3 7rem mag w/ vortex 6-24x50 viper HS LR

162gr eld-x
3shots @ 100meters

Measures just under .400"

Ready for ballistic and trajectory testing. It may be a while but I will report on this thread

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    141.6 KB · Views: 216
I've got the same rifle as you and I'm on my last box of 162 amaxs which shoot 1/4 on a bad day.
Interested in what your load data is, powder/length to ogive etc

I've got the same rifle as you and I'm on my last box of 162 amaxs which shoot 1/4 on a bad day.
Interested in what your load data is, powder/length to ogive etc

I am charging 71gr H1000 and cci mag primer. I have not ran it over my Chrono yet. I should be .020" off the grooves but can't remember the length(not home right now).

Same charge with 160gr TMK gets me 2990fps

What load are you running and speed with your Amax?
Thanks
James

162 A-Max Norma brass, CCi mag primer and 72gns of ADI 2217. Ive got them seated to fit the mag which is a .052" jump! I tried seating them out to near touch 0.015 (which would mean single feed) but it shot worse. Fps is a touch under 3000fps.

I am charging 71gr H1000 and cci mag primer. I have not ran it over my Chrono yet. I should be .020" off the grooves but can't remember the length(not home right now).

Same charge with 160gr TMK gets me 2990fps

What load are you running and speed with your Amax?
Thanks
James

Ha I have the same setup as you guys (tikka t3 with the vortex 4-16x50 HSLR) and I absolutely love it! I'm shooting the 162 ELD's, 71.5 grains H1000 with CCI 250's in Hornady brass loaded to max magazine length.
I'm getting 2930 FPS over my shooting chrony, and getting 1/4 moa accuracy.
Maybe my chrony is off, you seem to be getting better velocity..

Blackaj,
I haven't chronoed my ELD-x yet.

My TMK are getting 2986fps on chrono. I single load them seated .003 off the grooves with .5moa.
The ELD-x seems to be more accurate but I was very impressed with the TMK on white tail and pigs out to 710 yards this year!!
James

Warning! This thread is more than 8 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.