7mm 160 Accubond BC

they are real close i shoot them at 3500. i use a 550 bc and a friend shoots them at3000 and he uses 531 and is right on with what nosler says all the way to 1000 gun)

What in gods name can get a 160gr 7mm to 3500fps? Allen Magnum and a long barrel perhaps?

In my 7mm I use a Nosler 160 Accubond at just under 3600 fps and a G7 of .307 and it's spot on to beyond 1000 yards.

Last edited:
In my 7mm I use a Nosler 160 Accubond at just under 3600 fps and a G7 of .310 and it's spot on to beyond 1000 yards.

I was hoping you would chime in. I know I have read a few of your posts about ur Allen mag and 160 accubonds. Thanks

i have a 416 rigby necked down to 7mm shoots up to 3600. but mine is most accuate at 3500 to 3540 with the 160accu bonds. mine gun was built back in the 70s by a gun smith out of greatfalls mt. he was on the same track as the allen mags back then. i have a couple of versions of this design 308 and a 375 but i still shot the 7mm to honor my grandfather who designed then. they are full lenght cases necked down and blowen out side walls with a step shoulder. they are built on pre ww2 rigby and pre 64 win actions and 30in barrels. when he built them the powders were limited and preformance was not there but with the new stuff out there things have turned around and with the new brass available to use i can work up to higher and better performance out of them.

In my 7mm I use a Nosler 160 Accubond at just under 3600 fps and a G7 of .310 and it's spot on to beyond 1000 yards.

not trying to bash your G7 number and i dont have any personnel experience shooting the 160 accubond at long range so i basically have no real world experience but .310 seems high to me. berger 168 is .318. I am going to try your number tomorrow and see if it works. But if it works for you thats all that matters.

The Nosler BC of .531 (not G7) is dead on for my 7mm Rem Mag out to 800yds. at 3015fps muzzle velocity.

Hope that helps.

AJ

AJ,

What if. . . that bullet was brought up to 170 class in weight and about .15 or so, added to the bc, with the same exact terminal performance?

That will be my next quest . . . after and when the current project proves itself.

I'm already assembling parts and pieces for a 7 RUM in my mind to start the testing.

Being limited by a less than 0.6 bc is uncomfortable.:)

Warning! This thread is more than 13 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Recent Posts