7mm-08

asa

hey guys I have a couple of questions, I think my chrono ced m2 is reading 150 - 200 fps slow
48 grain h4350 140gr nosler ballistic tip cci primer 24" barreled remington where to you guys think this load should be for fps, my chrono says 2620 I thought I would be about 2750 ?????
next question 47 gr seemed to work best as far as accuracy , but I would get 2 touching and the 3 one would be 2" right and 1/2 - 3/4 low almost identical groups. This is my daughters factory remington boone & crocket edition gun, do you think it could be bedding. thanks

I think you should try 42 gr of Varget w/BR-2 primers in your rifle with the 140 gr Bal-Tip. this load is very accurate in both of my 7mm-08's. One a factory A-bolt the other a custom barreled BLR-81.

The newer Nosler book list Big Game as most accurate powder.

H-4350 can be slow on the velocity side in some rifles. Try IMR-4350

Check your action screws for proper tightening....front screw and rear screw light snug first...then the front (recoil lug area) tight first then the rear.

The 120 BT shoots great too. Some guys can get H-414 to work ...my rifles...Varget.!

thanks for the replys guys ,I will try the varget and see how it works. As of last night the guns is now pillar bedded so we will see how that helps.
Talked to the guys at ced and he said they here it all the time and can check chrono for me but said in his experience it usaually is opperator error or your load is not as fast as you think. He gave me some stuff to check out next time so we will see. I am not all that concerned about the max velocity I just want to have a accurite velocity/load so that I can get a custom turret made for my daughters gun. thanks

Have you any feed back in regurads to pillar bedding? I have the 7mm-08 and have been seeing the same grouping results. First two shots will piggy back but the third shot will be aprox 3/4 of an inch to the upper right and i can reproduce the same groupings time after time. I was just wondering how the pillaring worked out for your daughters, or if you were getting the same results?

My Savage 16FHSS likes 42 gr. of Varget also. I practice with 140 gr. Nosler BT's and Hunt with Nosler ABond's. I have a couple 3 shot groups in the .45 range. Makes me sick this thing out shoots my 22-250. It really makes the Deer sick. I've also noticed when I clean this one it take 5 or 6 rounds to tighten back up.

Warning! This thread is more than 14 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Recent Posts