7mm-08 Rem with H4350 or RL17?

I'm using IMR 8208 with a Nosler 120 BT @ 0.017" from the lands for my grandsons. They're still young and no need to punish them, but it shoots this load fine just under an inch @100 yds.

The 120 nbt, is awesome in my Bergara. Nosler redesigned it awhile back, toughened it up, to accommodate silhouette shooters. I've nearly settled on it as my go bullet for now. Mine really shoots well, with cfe223. Nearly 3100 with that powder.
Yes, exactly. I use the same combo in an 18" barrel at 3000fps and its excellent deer medicine. Have used effectively on deer out to 410 yards.

I've had some luck with Winchester StaBall 6.5. It gives you a pretty wide window of velocity to tune. If you're lucky enough that your rifle likes the higher velocity node, it will give more than most. Other then that, I like the H4350.

I've had some luck with Winchester StaBall 6.5. It gives you a pretty wide window of velocity to tune. If you're lucky enough that your rifle likes the higher velocity node, it will give more than most. Other then that, I like the H4350.
As a side note, if H4350 gets scarce, you can use RL16. Load data nearly identical, and in mine, extremely accurate, especially with 140 and up weight. I believe I could get it to shoot the 120bt as well. I have had good luck with the RL powder overall.

I hear you guys but my multiple 7mm-08s really have a thing about varget, the long barreled (26") varmint platform just managed high two's and mid three's in a target session with 42gr and 140gr nosler accubonds, I'm done with load work on it now. The 20" bbl woods gun is now shooting just under 1/2" but still fine tuning load and its getting cold :( Deer this season was the 8th deer to drop in sight with 1 jump and down, never used any cartridge for deer that has that type of stat! Now if I can round up a jug of varget :(

Thank you all for the advice.

I found a good load with RL16 at half MOA at 100 yds and will fine tune it.

Also found a load with the 168 Berger Classic Hunter and H4350 also printing half MOA, now to play a little with seating depth.

My wife's 7mm-08 liked RL16 with the 162gr A-Max.

For the 120gr and 139gr I'm still with IMR-4064, 6 lbs left of it and wife's shoots the 120gr Ballistic Tip with 0.2" groups and mine the 139gr SST at 0.4". Once I run out I'll get some Varget.

Thanks gents and have a Happy Thanksgiving! God bless

Warning! This thread is more than 4 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.