7mm-08 questions I need thoughts new to reloading

bowhunter1287

So I started reloading for a 7mm-08 for my daughter to use this hunting Season and I started with a ladder test with 162 eld x bullets and imr 4451 and going of hodgon reloading website I am at max at 45 grains for that bullet and I am getting 2650 velocity which is ok in my eyes for a 20" barrel with no pressure signs at all but when you shake the round there is still room in case and the powder shakes so do you think it would be ok to keep working up in small increments looking for pressure?

So I started reloading for a 7mm-08 for my daughter to use this hunting Season and I started with a ladder test with 162 eld x bullets and imr 4451 and going of hodgon reloading website I am at max at 45 grains for that bullet and I am getting 2650 velocity which is ok in my eyes for a 20" barrel with no pressure signs at all but when you shake the round there is still room in case and the powder shakes so do you think it would be ok to keep working up in small increments looking for pressure?
If that was for my daughter I would load according too the manual. I also would choose a lighter bullet for less recoil. If you need that heavy of a bullet then strike my last sentence, untill your a experienced reloader be careful and pay attention too what your reloading manual says

If you have the accuracy and speed you want, I'd leave it.

Well for kick I'm not to worried about she shoots a 12 gauge just fine and the reason why I am going with a heavier bullet is because I have had issues with the lighter bullets not opening or performing the way that they should so that's why I am ok with a heavier bullet that will produce some more energy then the lighter bullet. I was just curious is to if it sounded right or if hodgon website is a little low and I was more wanted to find pressure then back off to a accurate load so I know that no matter the weather if she shoots it it's all of a sudden gonna be a lot of pressure

Well for kick I'm not to worried about she shoots a 12 gauge just fine and the reason why I am going with a heavier bullet is because I have had issues with the lighter bullets not opening or performing the way that they should so that's why I am ok with a heavier bullet that will produce some more energy then the lighter bullet. I was just curious is to if it sounded right or if hodgon website is a little low and I was more wanted to find pressure then back off to a accurate load so I know that no matter the weather if she shoots it it's all of a sudden gonna be a lot of pressure
Most of your Hodgens powders are temp insensitive . I would stay with reloading data on that bullet , if you are confident at reading pressures, that's your call just be careful when loading above what's listed as maximum

Ok thank you for thoughts. So I am also reloading for a 6.5 prc now and I had a quick run in with pressure with that one it was my first reloads and I was 2 grains under max and was seeing slight ejector marks and harder bolt lift and that was just for my break in rounds come to find out I was jammed into lands on those rounds causing higher pressure so I see what I need to look for and I'm not out to get hurt doing this **** that's for sure. But thanks for everyone's thoughts I will definitely take that all into consideration thanks

So the only load they show is for the a Max's is what I was going off of for the eldx and so I started low and worked up to the 45 and have had no hard bolt lift or ejector marks or anything. And I put a bullet into a already fired round and measured lands and set the bullet .010" off and where is I started

At that speed the 162 eldx is a viable elk bullet out to 400-500 yds. If it's accurate at that velocity and their are no pressure signs I'd call it good. I have extensive experience with that bullet out of two 708s, a 23" barreled Sako and a 25" break action and although I got a little more speed than your getting, the accuracy would suffer past where you're at. I wouldn't be concerned about the extra space.

At that speed the 162 eldx is a viable elk bullet out to 400-500 yds. If it's accurate at that velocity and their are no pressure signs I'd call it good. I have extensive experience with that bullet out of two 708s, a 23" barreled Sako and a 25" break action and although I got a little more speed than your getting, the accuracy would suffer past where you're at. I wouldn't be concerned about the extra space.
Did you loose accuracy at faster speeds