7mm-08 questions I need thoughts new to reloading

So I started reloading for a 7mm-08 for my daughter to use this hunting Season and I started with a ladder test with 162 eld x bullets and imr 4451 and going of hodgon reloading website I am at max at 45 grains for that bullet and I am getting 2650 velocity which is ok in my eyes for a 20" barrel with no pressure signs at all but when you shake the round there is still room in case and the powder shakes so do you think it would be ok to keep working up in small increments looking for pressure?
I'd go with a 140 grain bullet if it's just a child shooting white tails. I started with Nosler BTs in my 7-08 and now exclusively use Barnes TTSX since they are more consistent with the groups out of my pencil barrel 700 Mountain Rifle. 4451 should be a good powder and I use it as well for this round. I think I'm at 43 grains and using Remington 9-1/2s. Velocity is 2750 FPS.

If that was for my daughter I would load according too the manual. I also would choose a lighter bullet for less recoil. If you need that heavy of a bullet then strike my last sentence, untill your a experienced reloader be careful and pay attention too what your reloading manual says
With that velocity and bullet weight combo you can take the biggest elk at 350 yards or any deer at 450 yards. Why you need more?

Cool that you have a good load on the 162s. Also recommend developing one in the 140 wt. class. Give her both to try and let her shoot the bullet.
Recoil from a shotgun does not compare. I have four 12 Gauge. One will bruise your shoulder after two boxes, two you can shoot all day, and one will put you on your arse if you don't lean into it and weigh only 105, as a friend found out.

Bowhunter1287, 2650 FPS out of a 20" barrel would be a top end load IMO. I was getting 2710 FPS out of my 7-08 with a 24" barrel and the pedal was to the metal. What you currently have is a stout, very game capable cartridge. If it's accurate run with it and don't second guess yourself; my thoughts anyway.

Good Luck.

You should consider checking your scale to confirm your charge weight of 45.0gn of IMR 4451.

What's the OAL of your loaded round?

You should consider checking your scale to confirm your charge weight of 45.0gn of IMR 4451.

What's the OAL of your loaded round?
My scale is a lee precision safety powder scale and I have been scooping out of can and hand trickling into scale until it levels out to mark

So I started reloading for a 7mm-08 for my daughter to use this hunting Season and I started with a ladder test with 162 eld x bullets and imr 4451 and going of hodgon reloading website I am at max at 45 grains for that bullet and I am getting 2650 velocity which is ok in my eyes for a 20" barrel with no pressure signs at all but when you shake the round there is still room in case and the powder shakes so do you think it would be ok to keep working up in small increments looking for pressure?

"So I started reloading for a 7mm-08 for my daughter to use this hunting Season". I know that you are asking a "reloading" question, however for me there seems to be more than one question here. What are you planning on hunting, at what distances, and also what is the stature of your daughter? Unless your daughter is more adult size, then I would be looking for lighter bullet weight, for a little less recoil and in a quality grade bullet. As for powder shaking inside of a casing, this is not something that I would recommend for determining pressure or pressure signs. Also the powder charge does not have to be "maximum" to be a good load for a rifle, accuracy ought to prevail over velocity.

"So I started reloading for a 7mm-08 for my daughter to use this hunting Season". I know that you are asking a "reloading" question, however for me there seems to be more than one question here. What are you planning on hunting, at what distances, and also what is the stature of your daughter? Unless your daughter is more adult size, then I would be looking for lighter bullet weight, for a little less recoil and in a quality grade bullet. As for powder shaking inside of a casing, this is not something that I would recommend for determining pressure or pressure signs. Also the powder charge does not have to be "maximum" to be a good load for a rifle, accuracy ought to prevail over velocity.
So gonna be hunting mule deer and elk 200-400 yards max. And she is adult size she is almost 12 and is almost 5 ft 5 and I have had issues with lighter bullets not performing out of this gun is why I started reloading to get a heavier bullets to help it out I was originally going to sell the gun and buy a different caliber cuz I have had issues with factory rounds sense day one so I thought I would try and reload for it and make it a good gun again. Everyone has been great on here for all there thoughts and I will definitely look at my notes and try some of the charges I have shot already in three shot groups to see which ones has tighter groups thanks again

I'd say you are probably way over pressure already as you are getting Hodgdon's FPS out of a 4" shorter barrel.

Also note, their data is loaded longer than SAAMI spec.

Be careful.
Steve
I tend to agree, there's a reason why manuals say MAX....I'd let it go

With a short barrel, the heavier bullet makes more efficient use of the powder. And the velocity you are getting is very good for that load. The load density must be very close to 100% unless you are seating the bullet out. I would not go above the recommended max for anyone's rifle but my own, especially my daughter.