7mm-08 questions I need thoughts new to reloading

To be honest with you, I would call it good and thank the stars that the load is fine, accurate and not harming your rifle.
I see all too often people chasing the next load to get another 50-100fps outta the case….it's just not worth the decreased case life or extra stress put on the rifle.

Cheers.

So I started reloading for a 7mm-08 for my daughter to use this hunting Season and I started with a ladder test with 162 eld x bullets and imr 4451 and going of hodgon reloading website I am at max at 45 grains for that bullet and I am getting 2650 velocity which is ok in my eyes for a 20" barrel with no pressure signs at all but when you shake the round there is still room in case and the powder shakes so do you think it would be ok to keep working up in small increments looking for pressure?

Velocity does not kill anything! What I look for is small tight group at least 1/2 Moa or even better. I would increase powder .3 grains until I find the group OR pressure signs!

If that was for my daughter I would load according too the manual. I also would choose a lighter bullet for less recoil. If you need that heavy of a bullet then strike my last sentence, untill your a experienced reloader be careful and pay attention too what your reloading manual says
Yeah I'm comfortable going off the beaten path with reloads I'm going to be doing the shooting with but if they're intended for anyone else I do everything by the book no exceptions.

To be honest with you, I would call it good and thank the stars that the load is fine, accurate and not harming your rifle.
I see all too often people chasing the next load to get another 50-100fps outta the case….it's just not worth the decreased case life or extra stress put on the rifle.

Cheers.

+1 with MagnumManiac. Need more than SAAMI ratings just get a larger cartridge/rifle. Much safer and prudent…..

+1 with MagnumManiac. Need more than SAAMI ratings just get a larger cartridge/rifle. Much safer and prudent…..
I'm not looking for more then saami I just thought it was weird for what I was seeing and getting. Sense it was a load for a Amax bullet instead of the eldx and I couldn't find any loads for the eldx for the 7mm-08 so I thought I would ask thoughts on it before I did something I couldn't fix

Mule deer 200-400 yards and maybe elk if we get a chance
Honestly I'd switch to a Barnes 120 TTSX or other mono metal bullet, it'll do everything your asking with flatter trajectory and less recoil. While I get your daughter can shoot a 12 ga shotgun, it's a little different than shooting a rifle. Shooting skeet or trap most kids don't notice recoil, but does she go out and pattern her shotgun?

We really don't know how old your daughter is and her tolerance levels. However, having raised a daughter who loves big game hunting recoil was an issue in the beginning. When your at the range practicing for a hunt, kids tend to focus on recoil much more than you think.

I always liked hearing/feeling the powder when I would shake a round. It was my final check that I wasn't chambering a round with no powder. Never loaded a compressed round, never had to I guess. I never looked to achieve max pressure or velocity. My loading is for hunting, I've dabbled with long range, 1000 meters. I load for the range my shot will be at. For example where I deer hunt my max shot will be around 600 yards. So I look at the bullet manufacturers recommendation for how much energy you need at 600 yards to expand/perform to specifications. Then I work backwards with a ballistics chart, or use a spreadsheet calculation that I made up until I find the muzzle velocity I need to achieve the manufacturers recommended energy at 600 yds. In my 30-06, 270, 308, and 243 these are all WELL below maximum loads. Using a good reloading data manual I'll get close to a recommended powder charge for my desired muzzle velocity. Load a couple of rounds and fire over a good Chronograph to see if it matches or comes close to the data in the manual. If it does then I work from there to find a node. Up a couple of 10ths down a couple of 10ths til I hit the node, then I mess with bullet set back. All of my rifles seem to like .018" to .022" off the rifling. In all but my 30-30 this method has provided great performing rounds both on paper and on game. I've used Berger VLD's, a Hammer or two, but settled on either a Nosler Partition or ABLR. I see a number of guys say they don't like the accuracy as compared to other bullets. If I can shoot a 1" group at 200yds its within minute of deer. Maybe I follow the motto of that great Greek Philosopher "Mediocraties" Eh good enuf.....