7mm-08 Nosler 140gr Ballistic Tip or Accubond

Another thing I have found is loads that shoot ballistic tips well shoot practically the same with Accubonds.

I totally agree with you. I have some loads that shoot exact powder and amount with 120 BT's and 140 AB's. IMR 4350 works well in mine.

I believe what Cajun is saying is that it's know than when you use the 140gr BT and the 140gr AB with the same exact load you get the exact same POI. These two bullets are know for that. So you can load both and use whichever one is best for the occasion.

Luis

I believe what Cajun is saying is that it's know than when you use the 140gr BT and the 140gr AB with the same exact load you get the exact same POI. These two bullets are know for that. So you can load both and use whichever one is best for the occasion.

Luis
Yea, kinda thought that's what he meant but my wording was confusing. Same load, same powder, and same POI. Thanks

I plan to use my 7mm-08 with either Nosler 140gr Ballistic Tips or Accubonds over 49gr of RL19--with muzzle velocity of average 2840fps. Range will be only 25 to 100 yards.
I'm a little concerned about Ballistic Tips fragmenting at the high velocity of close shots,what's your experience and thoughts?
I would use the accubond for body shot. Ballistic tip for neck shots

Accubond. My experience is AB and BT have the same load data and BC. This is out of a 300 Rsaum. Why even chance a blow up when an AB will do the job, regardless of angle or impact velocity?

He's asking for 7-08. In 243,7-08,6mm remington BT's are very deadly. I have 300 and 7 saum I would not use ballistic tips in magnum loads you get blood shot on a lot of meat. If you like taking neck shots though a ballistic tip are a hammer and doesn't ruin meat