7mm-08 loads

I have a Bergara that is shooting 168ABLR at 2694 and the 162ELDX at 2668. I wouldn't hesitate to put an Elk in the crosshairs at 6 or 700 yards.

Browning Micro ! My first 7-08 and it was a nail driver. 129's and 120's always stopped NC whitetails in their tracks. I'm sure your 154's will shoot well. As I got older, my shoulder liked lighter bullets... But we don't have 300lb deer either. You know what you'll be shooting and what weight you need. Enjoy !! I love the 7-08

Bought a Tikka Lite in 7mm-08 for my granddaughter a few years ago. She is now 16 and has taken Corsican and Merino sheep, antelope, black bear, and mule deer. Used 120 TTSX except for black bear where she used a 150 Nosler Partition we loaded to hunt elk with. All are plenty accurate to 300 yards which so far is as far as she has practiced.
If she ever wants to move up in caliber, I'm stealing her Tikka. It and the 7mm-08 are an excellent combination.
She will be carrying it this season while I try to call in a mountain lion.
Best of luck with your new cartridge! I think you will discover it is way under rated.

It's a browning micro midas, I have to look for a barrel twist, it's for my wife or daughters when they get old enough. That being said it feels like a nice handy rifle I may take out myself! Just don't tell my 4 year old
I have 3, 7mm-08 rifles, a Browning Micro Midas--the kids rifle probably taken over 70 head of game since 1990, Weatherby Camilla wife's rifle several one shot kills on plains game in Africa and a Fierce custom CT Edge, my out west mountain rifle. The Browning and Camilla are both 20" 1/9.5 twist and the Fierce is 22" 1/8--so far 475 yd shot on Mule deer, 550 yds on 5X6 Elk with the Fierce rifle. I'm shooting 145 gr Barnes LRX in all three rifles (I got lazy working loads for all three.) They are all tack drivers, and I finally just tweaked the load to more or less customize for each rifle. I get 2844 from the Fierce Rifle, 2670 in Wife's Camilla and 2700 in the Browning.

I've been using the 120 TTSX and H4350 for 3100 FPS in both my model 7 and titanium 700 with 22" Pac Nor barrels. No deer have excaped yet.

I've got a browning Xbolt 7-08 and I had a hard time getting the 154's to shoot so I gave up on them. It was easy to do since I had loads worked up for 140 BT, Bergers and 120 BT. For whitetail that's plenty and with the lighter bullets it cuts down on the recoil which may help in your situation and the extra velocity with lighter bullets is a plus in my book.