7mm-08 Loads with Berger 140gr VLD

I've not loaded the 140 Berger in the 7mm-08 but the problem i had was trying to get enough extruded powder like 4350 in the case to reach its max potential.
I ended up using Win 760 for my wife's with a 140 NP at 2960FPS in a factory 700 24" barrel

That's good info, I will have to check the freebore and go from there. Was hoping to use them due to the component shortage/hoarding but may be looking elsewhere

Imr 4350 shot well at 2800fps with 140
Might have to go with whst you have for now, 760 is one I would keep my eye out for though.
Not sure how Viht 150 is cut could have potential if its cut like 133

Ramshot Big game is a good powder for this bullet, just make sure you have some mag primers with the ball powders. Mine seemed to like them better than LR primers, but it can be a tricky powder to get to shoot. Also I had good luck with varget

If you use RL 17 speed is real good but I've shy away from it because I found it pretty temp unstable.

WW760, H-100V and StaBall are great powders in the 7mm/08 with 140 class bullets. Used all three in 3 different rifles chambered for the 7/08 with great results.. JME

Warning! This thread is more than 4 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.