7mm-08 barrel choice (proof vs bartlein)

Lost performance being velocity? Accuracy will not suffer at all. I'll be able to make plenty of velocity in a 22" barrel for hunting purposes. This will not be a 1000yrd paper puncher.
Not to mention, the .308 family of cartridges do a fantastic job of being efficient with shorter barrels. My sister has an 18" 7mm-08 and with Varget we get 2800 fps with 140's.

Not to mention, the .308 family of cartridges do a fantastic job of being efficient with shorter barrels. My sister has an 18" 7mm-08 and with Varget we get 2800 fps with 140's.
Thats very good! Just wondering what bullets you have had luck with. This is a new cartridge for me. I was going to try the Berger 140gr VLD hunting, and the Sierra 140gr HPBT.

We really liked the Nosler 140 BT for terminal performance, this was not a long range gun, mostly a sub 400 yard rifle. But the 140 Berger is where I would try if I wanted a longer range 140 load for a 7mm-08

Warning! This thread is more than 6 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.