7mm-08 and 120 Barnes TTSX for elk

M
I have always used 30-06, 7mm RM and 300 WM for elk, but this year due to shoulder injury I was contemplating using 7mm-08 with 120 Barnes TTSX, what other bullet would would you guys advise if not 120 TTSX, I also have 150 NP, 145 Hot Cor and Hornady 154 SP. Thanks
My first elk fell to a 280ai with 139 grain hornady inter bond bullet at a smidge over 450 yards. She folded in her tracks. I always took a model 7 7-08 with sane bullet for a backup rifle. A solid copper bullet would probably buck the bones better although the 139 grain interlock had full penetration I found bullet under hide skinning her out. Full grown lead cow not a calf either. Choose your shots know your limits and aim small!

The 120 ttsx and the 7-08 paired perfectly. That's the best bullet possible In my opinion due to the speed that the little 7-08 can push it.
CFE-223 will be the best for speed but not great for temperatures stability.
I had a 7-08 sako 85 finnlite that shot them at 3240 fps with CFE 223
Inside 350 yards I wouldn't even hesitate to shoot that combination at a elk.

The 120 ttsx and the 7-08 paired perfectly. That's the best bullet possible In my opinion due to the speed that the little 7-08 can push it.
CFE-223 will be the best for speed but not great for temperatures stability.
I had a 7-08 sako 85 finnlite that shot them at 3240 fps with CFE 223
Inside 350 yards I wouldn't even hesitate to shoot that combination at a elk.
Lever evolution will outrun CFE223 for speed, but also not temp stable. You can push a 140 out of a 7-08 plenty fast to kill anything inside 350.

My 7-08 is a cheap Stevens with a slow twist. The 120ttsx was about as long as I could get and still be stable. I use 43.5 G of Varget For 3k fps. It shoots two touching and the third is always half an inch high and left. It's sitting in a Boyds stock with a Timney trigger. I would not hesitate to use it on elk within 350. I never thought of trying CFE223 or Leverevolution.

Your set-up should be fine. I had taken several Elk with the .257 100 Grain TTSX's and the 7mm TTSX bullets and they worked great. Make sure of your distance, keeping your FPS at the recommended velocity for correct expansion per the manufacturers recommendations, place your shot where it belongs and you'll come home with a freezer full of delicious meat. Not overkill by any means but truckloads of elk have been killed with a lot less. Good Luck.

I have a little over 3000 FPS coming out of the barrel and I believe I need approximately 2200 for good expansion with Barnes so around 350 yards should be fine then. Try not to hit the shoulder.