7mag Magic!

I know these are the 143gr hunters but using your experience with your bullets how fast do you think you could get the 101gr hunters going?

****, I don't see how that's possible. I'm running the 146 hammer at 3400 out of my 7 RUM with ADG brass. I'm on the ragged edge of pressure. Some case show a faint ejector mark and others dont. Granted, it's with N570, not RL26. I can't use RL26. It's too temp sensitive for this Texas heat.
I didn't either!

What was the start load and where did you see pressure-- I've got an xbolt shooting the same bullet with rl23 at .38moa at about 3370- I have bullets and rl26 sitting on the shelf. I'd like to try a few to see what kind of numbers I can get in a different rifle than u shot just for comparison

Virgin brass on a new barrel is not a fair test for a barrel that's not broke in, sped up, and brass is all fired. Especially on a belted mag.

I'm not sure. In this case I'm thinking we will get to the point of diminishing returns and won't see more out of the Absolute.
Believe you are spot on with regard to the 140AH. I'm pushing my 7 STW hard to get those speeds with the 140AH. You have me thinking about rebarreling it back to the 7RM it started life as. I've been leaning that way because of brass availability, but this sealed the deal.

I'm not sure what you mean.
Blowing out the brass uses some of the powder energy and tends to mask a rather stiff load. Extraction on fired brass is better if you are gauging whether a load is safe or not. I tend to just back off a few % and get what I get. Heck, my 7stw is under 3400 fps with a 140 and my 7rum is at 2900 fps with a 175. If I need a harder hit I have bigger bored rifles.

Blowing out the brass uses some of the powder energy and tends to mask a rather stiff load. Extraction on fired brass is better if you are gauging whether a load is safe or not. I tend to just back off a few % and get what I get. Heck, my 7stw is under 3400 fps with a 140 and my 7rum is at 2900 fps with a 175. If I need a harder hit I have bigger bored rifles.
Next firing on the brass will be a new load development.

Recent Posts