7mag & 175eldx?

how do i do that by not being in the danger zone ?
You need to start low and work up. You need to know and understand pressure signs and when to stop and back off. This includes measuring brass at approximately the .200" line for expansion growth and not working up a max load in 20 degree ambient temperature that you will be shooting when it is 85 degrees out (ask me how I know!). If you don't know and understand this process, I recommend that you find a mentor to teach you. Reloading is serious business.
I will add that RL 26 may get you more fps at a safe pressure. I am using it for my son-in-laws 7 Rem Mag with 168's.

Last edited:
with very little exception I start my load work up where book tells me max charge is. Them manuals are lawyer safe to cover their butts. Once u do enough load work ups u will see what I am saying. If u are doing proper load work u need to know where that pressure ceiling is on all your guns, that helps I determine what load to pick. I am not going to pick a load just cause it shoots good and I am 5 gr under max. Why get a magnum if u are going to neuter it.

my question is how is everyone getting those speeds i understand your powder measurements but that is over max in book I've always been one to go off of a book never over max loads ?
Those books are guidelines not absolute solutions for every rifle. You have to do tests with your rifle but slowly working up the powder load to for your guns max. This usually means loading up single rounds and starting below book max and increasing powder .1-.3 grains at a time until you start getting slight pressure signs. Slight pressure signs are heavier than normal bolt lift, ejector marks etc. Then back down from that max. Some things in addition to powder load that effect pressure walls are how deep you have to seat bullets, bullet makeup, and neck tension.

is anyone running a 175 eldx out of there 7 mag ? if so what powder and charge are you running and what kind of FPS are you getting. hornady book says H1000 with max should be around 2700 which i though was slow any help?
QuickLoad is your friend and a worthwhile investment.

Warning! This thread is more than 5 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.