77gr .224 Cayuga bullets

Joejack

I bought 150 of these I can't get them to group at all es on 6 rds is 7fps started 10ths off jam went in 5ths at a time shot 3 shot groups all the way to 140ths off anyone else have any advice

5in 3 shot group at 200yds is best it will do 85.5gr Bergers will shoot dime size group at 200

I would question if stability is an issue but if you're shooting the heavy Berger bullets, I think stability is out of the equation. I've not heard of these bullets before, I'm going to search them now.

5in 3 shot group at 200yds is best it will do 85.5gr Bergers will shoot dime size group at 200
I witnessed him shooting these new bullets I was calling his shots through a spotting scope I have never seen such poor groups out of a gun we shot them at a hundred and 2 hundred and a pie plate would have been pretty safe I hope someone can come up with a reason for this the bullets look good everything else shot good out of this gun we just knew seating depth would fix the problem but just wasted powder and primers I hope someone will chime in with a good reason David

These bullets are funky. Are your dimensions from lands, stating from the drive band to lands or from the actual shank to the lands? The drive band is a few though narrower than the full gauge shank. PVA suggest using a jump from band to lands, vs shank. Even though it's almost impossible to measure it. I've used the 122 Cayuga a lot. I have found them to be very insensitive to jump in a good barrel as long as I'm in a speed node. I had a paradigm carbon barrel that they wouldn't shoot in, but that barrel was trash and no bullet would shoot in it. They've shot well in bartlein and benchmarks after the bad pipe was replaced. They definitely like speed nodes. My 6.5 prc 24" liked 3250, but the 26" saum like 3425. My 6.5 max could run them over 3600 but accuracy was at 3480.

I am running them at 3364 barrel just must not like them it has shot every thing else really great 6 shots over magneto speed had 7fps spread I think I will just stick to 85.5gr Bergers or try some hammers thanks

Warning! This thread is more than 4 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Recent Posts