75 Yard 454 Group

jwp475

With all of the accuracy posts lately, I decided to shot this 3 shot group at 75 yards. I can not see the sights and or target to shoot any better this this any more. If I do shoot better it is because of the lighting and back ground allows me to see a bit better.
The Ammo is Buffalo Bore 360 grain WLFN Hard Cast

45475Yarrds002.jpg

45475Yarrds004.jpg

Good shooting!! I use a scope on mine, because I can't see the sights anymore, and It will shoot 2" groups at 100 yards most of the time.

How is the recoil with that bullet?

If I do shoot better it is because of the lighting and back ground allows me to see a bit better.
I have that same problem. What I did to help me a bit was to put a weight on the target to angle it upwards so it would reflect the bright sky instead of reflecting the dark grass.

MVI_7932.jpg

I used to not be able to see that 8 x 12" target at 300 yards when the sun was high or behind the target, no mater what color I panted it; now I can see it anytime of day.

It also helps to have the chains in front, it tilts even more.

Great shooting BTW. :)

Those Freedom Arms do shoot. I have one thats a dedicated hunting pistol all the bells and wistles done to it. It will shoot 2" or less groups all day long with a 2x Leupold. I also have one with a 4 3/4 barrel for general use, and plan on getting one in 500 Wyoming Express.

Nice shooting.
I'm using a Lee 300 gr bullet and 29.5 grains of Lil'Gun from my Encore with a 2x7 Burris and at 100 yards ain't doing too bad, but can do better. I'm waiting to get a can of Unique and see how my RCBS 270 SAA bullet will do. It makes really nice groups with .45 Colt loads, altho about 8" higher than where I aim.

Warning! This thread is more than 14 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.