700VTR... need stock, how about this?

Md 25v

Anyone have any experience with this stock?
This is the stock I'm considering.

Knoxx Axiom Ultra-Light™ Rifle Stock

Lets start with a story...
I watched a guy at the range shooting his new Remington 700 VTR in .308 and he was getting very discouraged. His groups were right at 2 M.O.A. at 100 yards. As he kept shooting his groups kept growing, probably due to his frustration. I watched him until he gave up, cursing at the gun because he "obviously" had nothing to do with the poor grouping. I asked if he needed help with the gun and he said that no matter what he did he just couldn't get it to shoot and wished he could take it back. I offered him $350 for the gun, which only had 100 rounds through it, and he agreed that the money toward another gun was better than keeping one that didn't shoot. I felt like I got a great deal. I have several customs built off Rem 700 actions so the worst case scenario is that I just build another. I looked at the ammo the guy was using and it was 190 and 200 grain Hp's . The barrel is a 1 in 12 so it should shoot 155-170 grain bullets best. I threw on some decent glass (Leupold VXIII 4.5x14) and started working up a load with 168 grain Berger VLD hunting bullets. I'm not crazy about the triangular barrel but it seems pretty light and stiff so I'm not gonna change that just yet. I'm getting 2.5 inch 5-shot groups at 300 yards but still shooting off the crappy tupperware stock. Now I'm ready to change the stock. I wanted this to be a hunting rifle because my other .308's are used for long range (500-800) target shooting and they are way to heavy to tote around while hunting. The barrel is 22in but has a 2in "brake" so there's really only a 20in effective barrel and I won't be taking any shots past 540 yards because thats the distance that the load I'm using will lose enough speed to prevent the Barnes TSX bullet I prefer from opening properly. I want this gun to be fairly light and easy to travel with but also stable enough to hunt with at a moderate range. I have Mcmillan stocks on two of my guns and B&C on the rest. I have never seen any of the stocks by Knoxx but the Axiom seems to be what I'm looking for. I normally buy stocks with a full length aluminum bedding but the triangular profile of the VTR prevents that. I don't want to Accra-glass this one so I think free floating would be the easiest way to deal with this odd barrel. Theres a link at the top to the stock I'm considering. I was wondering what you guys thought. Decent for my purposes or a waste of money/ just go with another B&C ?

Have you gotten a chance to handle the Axiomm yet? I have handle the rifle with one. I felt it did not fit the accuracy capability I was looking for. However, I am thinking about building a 338Win Mag on one to see what it is capable of and for hunting purposes as well. I've not lost interest in the stock, but would like to see some target results. At the time of research, there were just a lot of pictures of dead animals and not targets. I want to chase this thread to see on the concensus on this stock is!

Warning! This thread is more than 16 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.