700RUM, 300WIN, 300 RUM..Kick???

300 R.U.M. Mine is extreamly easy to load for. Shoots several bullets well under M.O.A. Will handle anything I could ever imagine hunting..........and kicks like 2 sumitches! No brake,as I don't like shooting,or even being at a bench next to one of them. But be advised,a synthetic 300 Ultra will slap you silly with full house loads. If you like brakes,put on on her.

Not Problem Meatyrem. After service today I will be locking myself into my reloading room. I will get you all the data you need. I do know that in talking with Barnes, they suggest that you load their bullets to factory COAL. I have played with this theory and come to find that they are right. It shoots the best under factory specs. In other recipies (berger,serria) they are off the lans. However, if you think the 7 Ultra is fun to shoot, you need to get yourself a 338 ultra. I shot a elk in Montana in the chest at 400 and it flipped it over. Coolest thing ever!

Yeah great, anything will be of great help. I have heard of some difficulty on the 7rum. I just was thinking that I might have more of a problem with having a long throat. But then I hear not to fight the long throat. So anyway, I was wanting to use the 160 AB for my 7mm. I have a couple of 280 rems that I have for the lighter 7mm bullets. So ya, anything you could give me would be much appreciated.

Meatyrem

The throat will give you trouble if you do a ton of plinking. These ultras were made to compete with the weatherby 30-378 and 338-378 which we know can be hard on the pocket book when it comes to buying brass. I love the performance I get with the 150 ttresx. Ballistics are great and that bullet screams out of the barrel. I will hook ya up. gun)

Meatyrem, after along day on the bench I have your data.

COAL - 3.575
Powder - IMR 7828
Grains - 88.0
Bullet - 150 Barnes TTSX
Feet per second - 3300
Gun - Remington Sendero 7mm Ultra Mag

This load is fantastic. It is loud, but it won't thump ya. Plus, that bullest is wizzn' :)D) out of the barrel. The gun is so heavy that it won't send you into the next county. Plus, another tip I have. Buy yourself a Caldwell Lead Sled and buy a 80 or 100 lbs dumbell. Take a dremel tool and cut out a area on the dumbell handle that allows it to sit on the plate. You can shoot all day on the bench and not feel a thing. I have pictures if you want.

Meatyrem, after along day on the bench I have your data.

COAL - 3.575
Powder - IMR 7828
Grains - 88.0
Bullet - 150 Barnes TTSX
Feet per second - 3300
Gun - Remington Sendero 7mm Ultra Mag

This load is fantastic. It is loud, but it won't thump ya. Plus, that bullest is wizzn' :)D) out of the barrel. The gun is so heavy that it won't send you into the next county. Plus, another tip I have. Buy yourself a Caldwell Lead Sled and buy a 80 or 100 lbs dumbell. Take a dremel tool and cut out a area on the dumbell handle that allows it to sit on the plate. You can shoot all day on the bench and not feel a thing. I have pictures if you want.

You gotta post that pic!

I always love pics. Any you can send this way.

Have you played with other powders too?
I was curious tho, do you know how much jump you have?
I know with mine, if I were to seat to the lands, just the boattail would be seated in the case mouth. Just wondering how much that freebore messes with accuracy.

I wish I had the sendero for mine, I have the bdl ss.
It wears the vx-3 4.5-14x40.
My sendero is in the 300rum, with a 6.5-20 vx-3 gettin ready to go on it.
I also have a bdl ss 300 rum, with a swarovski on it.

I am very new to this and just trying to gain as much knowledge as I can. I am getting things organized so I can get everything set up for a handloading bench. Among every other project around the house.
I've got everything I need, and my brass is still in the box, unfired at this point ( factory rounds needing to be emptied out ) so I can get loading my own.

Also how do you like those ttsx on game?

Why not step up to the 338? Ballistics are outstanding like LTLR said earlier. The only problem with the Cutting Edge bullets is their price. The Berger 300g has a G1 of .818. Both the 338 and 7mm have better ballistics than the 30 cal. I'm going 338 RUM for mid-range (700 yds max) deer/elk/antelope/pig/whatever I want.

I know it is late in the game, I have a 300 RUM sendero w/ a vias brake and i can shoot 210 vlds all day long at 2985 to 3000 fps. I had no problems with the 2 deer i took at 540 and 620 yds. Good luck!!!

Why not step up to the 338? Ballistics are outstanding like LTLR said earlier. The only problem with the Cutting Edge bullets is their price. The Berger 300g has a G1 of .818. Both the 338 and 7mm have better ballistics than the 30 cal. I'm going 338 RUM for mid-range (700 yds max) deer/elk/antelope/pig/whatever I want.
Stiller action, Kreiger barrell, Timney trigger, and Mcmillan a5 stock. For about 2100 bucks sans optics you have one heck of a custom piece. Or better yet buy the new Savage LRH in .338 LM. I'd still do a barrel but the stock and trigger are at least serviceable.

Next year I want to do some 1500 yards matches with one well see if the $$$$ falls into place.

7RUM with 165's
300 RUM with 180 gr scirroco or accubonds

Get a decelerator pad for the recoil, it helps... thread the barrel and put a muzzle brake on for shooting off bench but take it off for hunting.

Lots can be said for using 7mm over .308 I own a 7stw 28 inch and sold my 30-378 when it was in need of third barrel. 7mm 175 - 180 took elk with one shot. I had a 1:9 twist 30-378 and predominantly shot 210 and 240 grain.

Dead is dead all one shot kills all pass through shots on elk. One thing to think about is future hunting. Some jurisdictions require 30 cal mags min for some animals..... bison & big bears. Africa excepts 30 cal mags for all, but the biggest and toughest.

The above post about removing the brake for hunting is a good one! My 30-378 had a nice brake and my 7mm has no brake

Warning! This thread is more than 13 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.