700 sps

Gator26

anyone have any first hand dealings with this rifles chambered in 7mm rum or 300 rum? is it a good rifle to start a build off for elk? i have heard the bolts are not as good as the ones they have in the bdl or cdl just want to see if there is any truth to this.
thanks alot.

The stocks are absolute garbage! Other than that, they're pretty good rifles. They would offer a good start for a custom build.

I have one in 300 RUM and it shoots great. The chamber is actually pretty darn good too. Fired cases are nice and straight without any big bulges around the head. I've had lots of factory rifles that fired non-belted cases look like the chamber was reamed at an angle. Not so with the SPS. I have considered doing mine up as a budget LR hunter. Quality stock,brake,trigger. It already shoots far better than it is supposed to. If you want to pick one up as a project I say go for it.
100_1147.jpg

Mine currently resides bedded in a take off BDL magnum stock. The factory stock is basically a throw away.

we have 3 of them set up for longrange work. all three are factory stainless sps 300 rums. we are running mark 4's and one older vari x tactical scope on them and out of the box we developed loads under 1 inch for each of them. all of them have DE trigger jobs, and 2 of them have DE brakes. The other will have the brake in the near future.

anyway, awesome rifles and when or if you ever become ready to build a custom rifle, you have an action.

yeah i woud love to use the rifle for a build it would be a little here and a littler there but thats the plan i just cant decide on the caliber either 7mmrum or 300 rum, anyone have any thoughts on this is either round in your opinion really that much better than the other? thanks for all the help .

Warning! This thread is more than 14 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Recent Posts