700 short action stock options for 7 yr old.

Mxracer532

Hey guys, I'm wanting to setup my 700 short action switch barrel gun for my 7 yr old daughter to shoot. Hopefully she will get through hunter safety and be able to hunt next yr. Obviously the length of pull will need to be pretty short. Thanks

You can buy a custom stock with the LOP you want or find a used youth stock. Personally my son is 6 and doesn't shoulder the rifle, I hold the back of it for him or have it mounted on a tripod. He is shooting a 6.5 Creedmoor with a suppressor.

Last year he was shooting a 300 Blackout AR, so I could adjust the LOP for him, but we swapped this year because we are going to Africa in june and can't take the AR for him to hunt with.

If I was just hunting in the states I would build an AR in 6.5 Grendel or 300 Blackout with a carbine stock and let her have at it. I ran 10 round magazines with one in the chamber and one in the magazine when he was hunting with the AR

I have thought about the AR platform. But I'm honestly just not an AR guy and i already have the perfect rifle setup minus the stock.

That's an option, but not really. I don't want to cut one off just to add and add as she grows. I also have a boy who is almost 4 that will be right behind her so I'd rather have something adjustable.

Manners compact stock.

https://mannersstocks.com/mcs-cs-compact-stock

I have one on the way right now. Bought mine as a flat top off their site and had it inletted to my specs. Saved me LOTS of time. Building and 18" carbon barreled 6CM for my daughter to shoot...one day...she's 4 months old!

Check in on their site once a day and I bet you can find one pretty quick. I have seen two more go up since I bought mine.

The stock with standard fill is 695.00
-I added the gen 2 mini chassis which is another 360.00...but with the mini chassis, you don't need bottom metal or bedding and it comes with an AICS mag. The total for all three of those separate would be around 430.00 bucks so you actually come out money ahead with the gen 2 DBM mini chassis installed by manners.
-I had a carbon fiber adjustable cheek piece installed which added 125.95
-I had two flush cups installed which added 36.00
-I had one sling stud installed up front which was 6.50
The total cost was 1223.45....not cheap. I did have a 500.00 off certificate which really helped and brought price down to 723.45. I went with the mini chassis as it ultimately saved me money and will save me time not having to have a smith bed the action. I am going to run a bighorn origin action with a carbon six barrel that will be turned into a shouldered prefit by Straightjacket Armory. My intention with this build was to be able to do everything myself with minimal downtime with barrel swaps etc. I also will have the ability to swap boltheads and have another barrel chambered in a short action magnum (will ultimately have a 22" 7ss shouldered prefit done) and have a switch barrel set up. The rifle is being built as something my daughter will always be able to shoot and a compact and handy rifle dad can pack around for western hunting.

Hey guys, I'm wanting to setup my 700 short action switch barrel gun for my 7 yr old daughter to shoot. Hopefully she will get through hunter safety and be able to hunt next yr. Obviously the length of pull will need to be pretty short. Thanks

I really like the boyds At-One. Everything is adjustable on it. My 11 year old son has one on a 6.5 creedmoor. I like it because he can shoot it, and then I can extend the lop and drop the comb and it fits me perfect, I am 6'5. Lots of different colors to choose from too. His is zombie green, not my thing, but he is 11. I dig the coyote laminate personally.

https://www.boydsgunstocks.com/at-one

That Boyd's At-one looks like a solid option, my kids I bought Boyd's laminant thumbholes stocks and cut them back and that worked awesome. The thumbholes makes for a much smaller grip for their little hands. My daughter has grown into a Weatherby Camilla, girls really need different stocks from boys for the most part, really helps them!

What your building essentially is what I have, minus changing bolt heads and the custom action. Mine was put together by Gordy Gritters. 22-250 & .243. But it was out into a HS Precision stock with factory BDL magazine.
What your going for is exactly what I want, I want us both to be able to shoot it with minimal adjustment cause it's also my varmit gun.
That said, your stock is far beyond what my bank account allows for.

That Boyd's is definitely an option, I didn't see the option I would need on the site for short action, detachable mag with a heavy barrel.

That Boyd's is definitely an option, I didn't see the option I would need on the site for short action, detachable mag with a heavy barrel.
I would call them - I know the have a dbm option and a varmint heavy barrel option for the SA. I have purchased a few stocks from them and they have been great to work with.

Warning! This thread is more than 6 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.