700 Remington aftermarket stock recommendations

TopPin

300 RUM, factory 700 stainless barrel, factory stock. Fortunately this gun shoots great 1/2 5 shot groups at 100. Even with the factory trigger. I'm in search of opinions on after market stocks. I want to keep the weight down as it is still going to be packed. Have looked at the AG composite hunter, but never shot one. Any recommendations on stocks out there? And no I'm not spending more than 700 bucks. It's a factory barrel and until its shot out it's not changing.

Top, what is your budget? The AG stocks are > $500 and very lightweight. Does the RUM have a brake. Perhaps bundle a stock and a aftermarket trigger.

Yes I put a break on it, kicks less than a 243, essentially trying to get a better more stable stock, assuming it will stabilize the rifle better. I free floated and fiberglass beaded the factory stock, and gained a mile of improvement. I'm assuming I only have 4 to 500 rounds left in the barrel, and then I will most likely re barrel with a proof. But that is for a later.

What deficiency in the current stock are you experiencing that makes you desire a new stock?
Well I like to tinker, and i think i can get it to shoot better, and I'd like to have a higher comb so I can max out my scope. And yes there is already a 20 moa rail mounted. Plus I think it would look cool lol just being honest

Boyds may make a stock or two that you might like. I have a Promag Archangel that works well for me that is highly adjustable. Rock solid with very good performance, but it isn't a featherweight.

Boyd's make nice stocks
Krg bravo is another option that fits ur budget
Cadex strike nuke chassis as another

I love AG stocks I've shot 5 rifles that have them, cat 700 and Alpine hunter. The Alpine hunter is becoming my favorite.

https://grayboe.com/
These seem reasonable. No experience with them...the other thought is buy once, cry once.

If packing it and not looking to put a heavy barrel on it later, I like the McMillan Game Scout for a narrow/sporter type barrel. I have one on a sporter barrel and really like it. Also have a Ruger "R" style, similar to the Rem "Classic" style. Very light but not too light. I would do this again for a lighter weight/walking stalker.

Last edited:
Warning! This thread is more than 5 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.