700 rem to a 338 norma

It's more than just a rechamber job. They are different bore sizes so you have to have a new barrel and you either have to alter the bolt face on the bolt you have now or buy one from PTG already done.

It's more than just a rechamber job. They are different bore sizes so you have to have a new barrel and you either have to alter the bolt face on the bolt you have now or buy one from PTG already done.
Yes i know i would have to have a new barrel. What i would like to know a gun smith that has done the 338 norma off the700 rem. I know there out there.

Ed Sweet in Meridian, ID has done a bunch of them. I'm not sure what his company name is but a google search should tell you.

Mikes gun shop in Texas

I have 2 one rem one custom, never used Mikes but I know that when Jimmy Sloan was developing the cartridge Mikes was building many of them and has probably built more than most smiths.

Warning! This thread is more than 13 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.