700 rem clone(s) trigger suggestions

ARlife4me

I haven't owned any Rems in any models, but have shot a couple. I recently purchased a Defiance ANTi ultra mag receiver for a new build (most likely a 338lm or am I wrong on bolt face). This is not for hunting, just for fun. An adjustable, 2 stage or..... It will be the 1st aftermarket trigger for a bolt gun I would purchase.

The Savage actions come with triggers, but not much of the way the trigger is designed as is the trigger safety when not pulling all the way threw. Doing a bolt reset is what I don't like about it.

Last edited:
I've used Geissele triggers in ARs and loved them. Both the two stage flavor (SSA-E) in my std ARs and the super 3 gun single stage in my 3 gun competition rifle.
Based upon that experience, I went with the Geissele 2 stage with my Rem 700 build. I couldn't be happier. Just bought another from Palmetto Armory while it was $50 off. For my tastes, it can't be beat.

I've used Geissele triggers in ARs and loved them. Both the two stage flavor (SSA-E) in my std ARs and the super 3 gun single stage in my 3 gun competition rifle.
Based upon that experience, I went with the Geissele 2 stage with my Rem 700 build. I couldn't be happier. Just bought another from Palmetto Armory while it was $50 off. For my tastes, it can't be beat.
I bought that same trigger from Brownell's and its been a good trigger. I'm not trigger picky in ARs or pistols when a complete gun is bought, but when I build I install a better than most mil-spec. Usually non-adjustable 3 to 4# weight. I really like mod70 pre'64 triggers. I'll check out more on both suggested! I'm surprised I haven't seen any other than these 2 that have been recommended? I welcome all input!

For the TT people? I like the feel of the curved, but the pull of the flat. What type do you'll have? As ARs go I have 3 trigger face types and all are purpose built for different types of face. Do the flat face fit only certain trigger guards?

Super700? Where did you buy from or suggest?

I highly recommend TriggerTech triggers. We use a TON of them at Pierce Engineering on our actions, Remington's, and other Remington footprints when building rifles. They are really good and they break crisper than any other trigger in my opinion.
I'll check out Pierce also, thanks!