700 P 7mm Mag

7stw

I was "gun browseing" yesterday and scored a 700p in 7 mag. The price was what you would expect to pay for a used BDL. The barrel looks excellent, and the stock is clean, no scratches, dings or pucks. I was looking for one of these awhile back, and no one had them. I have long been a fan of 7mm mag, have owned several in that caliber, and most of them have shot well. This rifle is a pre-Pro Mark trigger model. If this thing shoots, I will leave it alone, if not it is going to become a 7mm STW with the aid of a Pacific reamer I have. Anybody have any experience with this Model? Rare??????gun)AIM SMALL , MISS SMALLlightbulb

Last edited:
7stw,

Good Morning,

I would suggest that this is extremely rare since you don't see this model in this caliber. The original P (Police), 26" heavy crown cut Parkerized barrel, etc. I have a couple of 700's to trade if your interested. 7mm, 300 win mag, and a NIB 223 Custon Deluxe. I live in Cecil County, MD. Give me a call next time your passing thru.
Be Safe,
Steve
201 264-4472

I have one and it is "pretty" accurate. My youngest son (21) has it right now but I'll probably get it back one day when he get's tired of it.
I bought it used from a gunshop in Goldsboro, NC and according to the previous owner it had less than 3 boxes of factory fodder through it and during our conversation I recognized he had no clue about barrel break-in. After what I thought should have been a proper barrel break-in, and somewhat lengthy, I proceeded to load development with the 168gn Berger.
I went though a 100 ct box and never did find a repeatable, accurate load. I changed over to the 150gn Nolser BT and it produced 1/4" groups and that's all I have shot in it since.
I changed out the OEM trigger with a Shilen and that made it even better. While it was accurate I have a Winchester M70 HVB and two Savages 112BVSS's that are consistently more accurate. Getting an extremely accurate one is a 50/50 propisition, like any make/model. Good luck. JohnnyK.

When I bought my PSS (what they called the 700P before changing the name), I looked at and shot the 7RM version as well as the .308 version. It was nice, but I opted for .308 at the time. Back then, 2003-2004, the 7RM was a standard option version of the rifle.

JeffVN

Warning! This thread is more than 14 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.