700 magnum action rebarrel?

SouthLoganCountyShooter

So I got a crapshoot rem 700 300win. I'm considering rebarreling it. I don't think I want to go with another 300win.

What would you guys change it to? I just can't decide.

So I got a crapshoot rem 700 300win. I'm considering rebarreling it. I don't think I want to go with another 300win.

What would you guys change it to? I just can't decide.
If you want to stay 30 cal, the 30 SM is pretty hard to beat all around. 3000' with 245's, head stamped ADG brass, and reamers dies in stock as well.

Sounds like you have some reading to do in order to figure it out. 300PRC, 7Mag, 28 Nosler
I would rebarrel too the 264 win mag with a 1-7 or 1-7.5 twist , you might also consider the 6.5 PRC , the PRC would give you more mag space too seat those longer bullets out farther . The PRC is a very efficient cartridge . I run pretty close too 264 win mag velocities with my 6.5 PRC's

I've engaged in a few conversations of late with your same question. Almost all the folks are thinking 7 Rem Mag. Its a good option to drop some bullet weight and a bit of recoil.

Since you have one of those, and if you don't want another, say in a fast twist rate, maybe its time to check out the short mags.

Not on your list but I had a Remington magnum 700 action sitting around and I had it made into a SML with A Bartlein barrel trigger tech .....It is great fun to shoot because it is so dang accurate. It also bucks the Oklahoma wind like my 338 WM. Effect on deer is exactly what you would think. Not really boom/flop as much as just blowing them off of their feet. Plus in these times you don't have to worry about brass or powder or primers. 1# of powder and 50 primers will last a really long time. An added bonus is with the crazies in Washington acting like they are I have never heard them mention a muzzleloader ban.

SML, 45 cal..jpg45 SML 300 yard.jpg