700 Bolt Extraction Problem

Yes it was but I didn't get the headspace gauge locked under extractor as I should have. I am clueless how I messed this up, just got back from a meeting, tore it down, made certain gauge was firmly under extractor, finger guided into chamber and guess what happened? Headspaced, put ejector back into bolt, fed my dummy round which BTW appropriate for my brain cramp , and it extracted PERFECTLY!!! How the heck did I miss this is beyond me. I appreciate the patience and suggestions which is why LRH is such a valuable resource. I am sitting here shaking my head at the simplicity of this issue that eluded me. WTH!

BTW an easy was to get ejector out of bolt is used a ratchet wood working clamp. I bought several sizes from Harbor Freight years ago and they work great to compress parts SAFELY and locked in place. Even use them to replace Encore locking bolt spring by compressing locking bolt with one.

Great to hear you were able to isolate issue & correct it. Good troubleshooting @Timnterra
This post was useful. Always learning on this site. Thanks for posting this up @Muddyboots .
Wish I could say I isolated the problem but @Timnterra came through for me! Glad nobody could hear me when I realized in basement how I screwed this up!

I had issues with a 700 once. I put an M-16 extractor on the bolt and the spent shells were not ejecting. it was slapping up against the bottom of the scope and settling in the chamber. so I had to change the scope mount set up and it works awesome now.

Glad you got the problem solved and that you didn't manage to touch off a round before it was corrected. I hope it shoots great!
I've always had the perspective that if something is not right, DON'T move forward with whatever it is UNTIL the problem is resolved to my satisfaction. This is a basic step I believe has helped me over the years in my career plus kept me from really screwing up even repairs on vehicles. Never had the "what the heck go for it" when repairing something. That's when stuff can really go south costly and maybe painfully😂.

OK, here she is and DANG! It just looks FAST! 😂 27" 1:8 5R, 3.63 max COAL, Athlon 4.5x27 BTR Midas (Thank you Doug @ Cameraland!), Magpul stock. I need to switch out base but I had these to use for now and just want to get rounds downrange.
IMG_4976.JPG