7 WSM Mags

300shorty

I just purchased a Surgeon Scalpel in 7 WSM and was looking to pick up an extra mag. It sits in the AICS 2.0 chassis. This is my first 7 WSM so I'm still learning about components and accessories for the cartridge. AICS doesn't make a specific mag for the WSM cartridge. Accurate Mag manufactures their WSM specifically for the 300 WSM. I was told by one of their customer service reps that the 7 WSM will "fit" but he was not sure how reliable it would be and was not 100% confident. Alpha Mag seems like it would work as well but don't know much about them. The only ones I've ever used have been AICS mags. My questions are...

Is anybody running the Alpha or Accurate mags in 7 WSM?
How hard is it to modify the .308 AICS mags to make the WSM fit?

Would appreciate any info, tips,or advice. Thanks.

It's not hard to adjust the 308 mas to work with the wsm, just have to bend the lips a bit.

Thanks, 7nut.

I've got a buddy who has some brass to get me by for now. However, when that is shot up, not sure what I'm going to do. I reckon all I can do at that point is hope that somebody will have it in stock. You got any?

there's fed 7wsm ammo all over the place around here....About $2 a pop loaded for it most of the time... Far easier than wssm brass to find....

I haven't seen very much of it lately...but haven't searched real hard either. You know where I can find it?

Warning! This thread is more than 10 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.