7 WSM, 195 Berger....N570, RL-33, RL-50?

308win

While I'm waiting on my WSM to get built, I've been running some numbers on Quickload and show that 2990fps may be possible (in a 28in barrel) with N570 using a COAL of 3.245 and H2O capacity of 83gr. RL-33 and 50 both show some promise, does anybody have any experience with any of these combinations?

Have experience with the 7mm WSM just not those powders. I am getting 2900 with the 195 from a 26" barrel but have used Retumbo exclusively. Nice accuracy node at 2900. The 195 in the WSM is a great combination and N570 should be able to get you to 2990 from a 28"; just no personal experience. That combo is one of the best long range options available considering the balance of manageable recoil, relatively flat trajectory, easy load development and 1500 ft lbs of energy at 1200 yards.

I'll have to look up the numbers for Retumbo. Do you happen to know your water weight of your brass? What brass are you using?

I'll have to look up the numbers for Retumbo. Do you happen to know your water weight of your brass? What brass are you using?
Bertram brass; not sure of water weight. Using 67gr of Retumbo. WLRM primers
64F2EEF9-DD74-45BC-A8D8-189CA552AF82.jpeg

How's your brass holding up? I got some Winchester for cheap and went with that. At the time I was looking Bertram was $26 for 20. Are you happy with it?

I have not made it through the first firing on the 7mm WSM Bertram brass I purchased but with a little prep work it has been producing some accurate round on the first firing. My experience with Bertram has been with 6.5 PRC. Not as evenly weight-matched or as consistent neck tension as ADG so I switched but seems to hold up fairly well. Winchester is fine but it won't hold up as long if running higher pressures.

Warning! This thread is more than 4 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Recent Posts