7 stw

im2bsen

6 years ago I bought a used remington sps 7mm stw that I planned to one day shoot. Now ammo has gotten too expensive to buy (if you can find it). I really don't want to get into reloading. I had thoughts of rebarreling it to something economical. Is this a bad idea? Would I be better off just selling it.

6 years ago I bought a used remington sps 7mm stw that I planned to one day shoot. Now ammo has gotten too expensive to buy (if you can find it). I really don't want to get into reloading. I had thoughts of rebarreling it to something economical. Is this a bad idea? Would I be better off just selling it.
What kind of rig is it ?

I have a SPS in 300RUM, it was way less than a LR, I only bought it to use as a donor, but seeing that I can't get a barrel for the project anytime soon, I decided to at least shoot it. Only found 1 box of ammo for it, the stock is AWFUL to shoot a RUM with!
I don't think a SPS is worth a lot of money to be honest. Just hang onto it and wait out the shortages, the STW is an excellent round, I am a convert to the 7STW….it just rocks everything it touches.

Cheers.

I have a SPS in 300RUM, it was way less than a LR, I only bought it to use as a donor, but seeing that I can't get a barrel for the project anytime soon, I decided to at least shoot it. Only found 1 box of ammo for it, the stock is AWFUL to shoot a RUM with!
I don't think a SPS is worth a lot of money to be honest. Just hang onto it and wait out the shortages, the STW is an excellent round, I am a convert to the 7STW….it just rocks everything it touches.

Cheers.
The 7stw has and will anchor anything in North America no questions asked. The 175gr eldx pills spit from her has put a ton of food in my families mouths! Just got my new custom and plan to give the 180 vld-h a go this year. Hope to have some results posted come early November.😎