That would be incredible. But I am working with an 18" barrel sammi chamber.

Hoping for the best, but prepared to concede at a lower speed.

Its been a test to make a a short barrel do what I want. I fully believe I am getting there. But a 6# back packing rifle that will push 165~ grain at 2800-2900 in a really good node would be perfect.

100%. My 18" should be done pretty soon and I'd love those numbers.
If I had to do it again, I would do an XM action for sure, maybe a long.

But, I think I can throat out a little to gain a little.

Right now, 2.913 overall length gets me .055~ from the lands. I would like to throat .050~ and be able to run mag length with that jump, maybe a hair more.

@SPK512 I actually have a 22" XM. Building this new 18" on a SA after seeing how well the SAAMI chamber with the hunting bullets/powders I have used in the XM would work at SA lengths. For example RL-23 with 175 ELD-X and 160 AB, or H-4350 with Hammers.

@SPK512 I actually have a 22" XM. Building this new 18" on a SA after seeing how well the SAAMI chamber with the hunting bullets/powders I have used in the XM would work at SA lengths. For example RL-23 with 175 ELD-X and 160 AB, or H-4350 with Hammers.
Thats intersting.
I have some 175 ELDX that I have been saving.

The ELDM usually work for me and are easier to find, so I wanted to start with those.

One I get A good baseline of mac powder charge with the Eldm, I will try working up some ELDX as ultimately, thats what I would rather hunt with.