7 saum

Ksduckhntr

I am planning a build in this chambering. It will be a rifle but with a 17" barrel. I am posting here because it seems to fit more appropriately. Is anyone shooting a 7 saum in a pistol? How do you like it with such a short barrel? Any direction for bullet weight and powder combos would be greatly appreciated. Looking to shoot whitetail out to 400 with 162 gr bullets.

Why did you decide on 17"? My Saum is 20" plus suppressor. I wouldn't want to go any shorter.

That should be a great round for a rifle in that length. I had a 7 SAUM in a 15" with 2" break on a XP100 pistol and it would reach way out there with 140 grain Ballistic Tips.
I sold it and now I'm running the 300 SAUM on a HS Precision bolt pistol with 15" and 2" break barrel and it is running right at 3000 fps. with a 150 grain Nosler Accubond or Ballistic Tip.

This is all great info, thank you. Should I consider the lighter bullets like 120-140 instead of the 162's?

What kind of speeds did you get with this set up? Thinking about the same thing and running the 190 atip and rl 26
Here is the info on my old 7 SAUM (18" XP-100).