7 saum

Long Range

Building a 7 saum and was just curious if a 8.4 twist would be to fast for the 180 Berger. Bergers web sight shows a 9 twist is needed. Also would like to run the 162 A-max and they show a 8 twist is needed. Barrel finsh length will be 28 or 30 undecided on this. I was leaning toward the 8.4 but can't find much info on weather it may be to fast or not. Looking to see if anbody has any experience with a fast twist 7mm to shed some light on the subject.

Thanks Doug

Friend has a 30" Krieger in 7SAUM has a 9 twist and he shoots both 180 bergers and on occation he shoots 162amax's. Both shoot good but without a doubt the 180's are AMAZING out of that beast. took a few ground hogs well over 1000.

Friend has a 30" Krieger in 7SAUM has a 9 twist and he shoots both 180 bergers and on occation he shoots 162amax's. Both shoot good but without a doubt the 180's are AMAZING out of that beast. took a few ground hogs well over 1000.

That puts a smile on my face! I cant wait to get this little project done.

Warning! This thread is more than 12 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.