7 SAUM or 7 WSM?

Trying to run some Quickload numbers for reference. Does anybody have any real world numbers for 7wsm Winchester brass case capacity? Using 83gr H2O, Im showing to be able to push the Berger 195 around 2994fps using N570.

I just got my Saum build back from rbros. First day at the range today. With 61.5g of rl26 I had velocities at 2969 with Berger 180s and no pressure signs. COAL is well under 3" in a standard short action. I think the 7 Saum is a pretty difficult round to beat.

I just got my Saum build back from rbros. First day at the range today. With 61.5g of rl26 I had velocities at 2969 with Berger 180s and no pressure signs. COAL is well under 3" in a standard short action. I think the 7 Saum is a pretty difficult round to beat.
Nice, what's your barrel length?

Awesome. Thanks. If I can get 2950 in my savage I'll be pumped. Should be able to load just shy of that length.

Tired of waiting for my barrel.
I got 3100 with RL 26 but my extreme spread was in the mid 20s. I lost about 80 FPS going to RL 23 but my ES is single digits now.

Here's you fellas a 949 yard impact with a 180 ELDm started at 3020FPS
5E0080F8-64E0-40DE-AB39-92F9A73A4849.jpeg

I'm shooting 180 Bergers from my Saum and it shoots lights out.

The SAUM case has under utilized since it's beginning....it is a great design and more accurate than given credit for...put some good old H-4350 in it and you'll be in the money in a hurry. Like everything else Big Green really let their own design down...great casing design...

These guys saying how easy to tune a RSAUM is Havnt seen any of the three WSMs I have loaded for. The notion that it's merely 40 FPS faster also comical. Show me a 26" RSAUM at 2980FPS with a 180 class bullet that fits in the box.
I have loaded for three 7SAUMs that ran either the 175 Elite or 180 Hyb in a 26" that pushed 2970-3010fps, from Wyatt's extended box.

Warning! This thread is more than 4 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Recent Posts