7 SAUM load data

^ Lots of good options there.

For reference/comparison, I have a 22" barrel and SAAMI chamber on my 7SAUM. I am running 168 VLDs at 2940 or 175 ELD-X and 2910, both with ADG brass and RL-23.
That is great! Kind of what I was thinking/hoping.
What powder. I was debating between n565, h1000, or h4831sc (where it's a little shorter)

That is great! Kind of what I was thinking/hoping.
What powder. I was debating between n565, h1000, or h4831sc (where it's a little shorter)
Just saw RL23. 🤦🏻‍♂️ Thanks for that. And good to know n560 works in that barrel length. You guys are the best! Will keep you posted.

Has anyone tried the 190 LRHT Bergers yet? I have a bunch of them and am going to do some load work this winter. Just wonderin' if anbody had a chance to try them. yet. They seem like an awesome pill!

It is a short action. Going to try the 166 ATips first. I have some others kicking around from 160 AB, 162 ELDX to 168 and 175 Berger. Because of the shorter barrel and short action, if the 166 don't work to my liking, I will try the 160 accubonds next then then go heavier with the Bergers if that doesn't work. My suspicion is that all of them will work so I feel the 166 is a nice sweet spot of high enough BC in a bullet that will fit the build.
I am sure the 166's will work great!! I'd take those 175's off your hands :)

Thank you to all that have contributed to this thread. I won a 338 Win Savage 116 Bear Hunter last year. I did not know what to do with it so I decided to rebarrel it to a 7mm SAUM. I have never been a huge Savage fan so we will see how this goes. I repainted the stock black with red spider webbing and ordered a 8 twist Proof for it. I should have it within the next week from my smith. I have 168, 184, and 195 Bergers along with H4350, N565, H4831SC, N568, N570, and Retumbo to try in it. This Thread will be a great help as I start my load development. Thank you!

Thank you to all that have contributed to this thread. I won a 338 Win Savage 116 Bear Hunter last year. I did not know what to do with it so I decided to rebarrel it to a 7mm SAUM. I have never been a huge Savage fan so we will see how this goes. I repainted the stock black with red spider webbing and ordered a 8 twist Proof for it. I should have it within the next week from my smith. I have 168, 184, and 195 Bergers along with H4350, N565, H4831SC, N568, N570, and Retumbo to try in it. This Thread will be a great help as I start my load development. Thank you!
What length barrel did you order?

I am sure the 166's will work great!! I'd take those 175's off your hands :)
Did some initial load work up today at the range. The 166s with h4831sc were the best combo so far; found a big broad node at 2850 fps. The 175s with the 4831sc were a very close second; with a decent node at 2800 fps. Going to shoot for groups now and play with seating depth. Tightest SD with the tightest group will win.

Was disappointed with n565 speeds, (200 fps slower for similar powder charges), but I was not surprised because of the short barrel.

I'm just finishing up my own 7saum rifle build. I've been following this thread for a while now and it has been very valuable.
I have been able to acquire Berger 168vlds and 180 hybrids with H1000 and RL23. All I need is the ADG brass that I have backordered and I'll be all set.
Looking forward to starting the load development.

24" finished length threaded for a suppressor.
I bet the n565 or h1000 if you have it will work great for any of those billet weights and barrel length. The n568 or n570 (I like the way the n568 meters better) might be the ticket for the 184-195. I'm excited for you.

I'm just finishing up my own 7saum rifle build. I've been following this thread for a while now and it has been very valuable.
I have been able to acquire Berger 168vlds and 180 hybrids with H1000 and RL23. All I need is the ADG brass that I have backordered and I'll be all set.
Looking forward to starting the load development.
Sounds perfect. I haven't tried h1000 yet, and probably won't because it's too close in burn rate to n565, which was too slow in my short barrel. Let us know how the h1000 works. It seems to always work in my hunting rounds; I love it.

Did some initial load work up today at the range. The 166s with h4831sc were the best combo so far; found a big broad node at 2850 fps. The 175s with the 4831sc were a very close second; with a decent node at 2800 fps. Going to shoot for groups now and play with seating depth. Tightest SD with the tightest group will win.

Was disappointed with n565 speeds, (200 fps slower for similar powder charges), but I was not surprised because of the short barrel.
N560 is better. RL23 also