7 saum load data for 162 & 175 eldx

I could not get my SAUM to shoot the 175's very well. I didn't keep after it very long because the 180 ELDM and 168 ABLR both shot great right out of the gate. I Tried h4831sc and imr7977 and hit pressure early with a lot of generally erratic behavior mixed into the short test run I did. I think I've read somewhere that the ELDX is maximally sized and fares better in looser bores, who knows. I also was limited to 3" OAL so their insane length played a role I'm sure. They're something like a tenth longer than the 180. Curious to hear how you fare.

I highly recommend the 180 ELD if you have better luck finding it than the 162. You'll be running it better than I am in that Tikka action. Both it and the accubond LR tuned in well and the ELDM especially is unfussy. I'm shooting them at 2.950" over 54.2 g of h4831sc out of ADG brass. Both bullets had several good nodes. Both had great accuracy about 1 grain short of initial pressure signs. The 180 will jump a lot compared to the 175 at the same COAL/throat but it actually handles that jump really well, I was shocked.

I had low success with the 7977/h1000 burn rate, no accuracy to speak of, but I don't like compressing and I was using fed 210 primers, hot but not magnum. I never tried 4350 because 4831 is such a clean slam dunk and I think case fill would be a problem. I bet RL 26 will light your life right up. What little data I've seen for the combo it seems like a real freak.

Anyway, just my findings. Sorry I have no MV, I just got my first used chrony and haven't shot over it yet.
Thanks
one on my go to powders for 7mm mag has been the h4831sc. I will deff will try that combo with the bullets I have.
I read somewhere that h4350 was a very accurate powder but slow. h4350 is one of my favorite powders. rl 26 has a good review and I run it in one of my 7mm mags as back up powder but it is not as accurate as the h4831sc.
just trying to figure out what most people run and have found success with those powders and bullets. I'm in the process of gathering information here and there.

thanks. Any data and help will be thankful from anyone

Last edited:
Will be switching barrels on a rifle in the near future converting it to a 7saum. I am gathering information on load data for 162 & 175 eldx. Any help on data or load information on those bullets and below powders would be appreciate. Please if you would list loads and speed and any nodes that you found. I will of course work up my loads checking pressure signs.

this is for a hunting gun and I will not have a break or silencer. I am looking for accuracy with a large node. This is going to be my primary hunting gun from ranges out to 600 max. Realistic most shots below 400 yards.
powder I will be potential using
H1000, r26, h4350, h4841sc
primers will either be federal or CCI. Large or magnum.

JGS custom reamer. Throated with .208 freebore. Seated for the 175 eldx with .005 ths off the lands. 162 eldx is I think .020 off the lands

Brass is ADG
tw is either 8 or 8.5
barrel length is 22
tikka action

I have already done research on what people run in this but I wanted to ask the forum.
thanks
I'm also looking for Load data for 7saum using H4350 and Berger 180 hybrids any help would be appreciated .

Hopefully you have better luck than me at finding 162's.
After several months, your neighbors at Optics Planet are shipping me two boxes of 162 ELD-X that I've had on backorder, so you may want to put some on backorder if they would still have value to you in a few months, assuming they don't get more sooner. For grins, I check to see if they had any listed as in stock and they did not, so their backorder system works.

I have a loads with the H1000 and RL26 just running really low on them but have a lot of H4350
H4350 is generally better for the lighter bullets. I run h4350 in my 7saum for 145 CEB and h1000 for 180eldms. If I do my part both will shoot regularly into itty bitty groups.

Seems like the h1000, h4831sc, rl26 are very popular.

some of my research show several shooters ran h4350 with the 180 gr Berger's with good luck. 56-57 gr
I'll probably start with the 4831sc and h1000 with the 175eldx.

right now I'm really going back and forth on which bullet to start with —the 162 or the 175.
throat wise with the reamer I had spec out the difference to the lands is minimal.

still just gather data as of now. The rebarrel process should start after hunting season. I'm going to have benchmark do the work. They done a 7mm mag years ago with a old ruger m77 action and it still shoots even with my full custom out to 600 yards.

Seems like the h1000, h4831sc, rl26 are very popular.

some of my research show several shooters ran h4350 with the 180 gr Berger's with good luck. 56-57 gr
I'll probably start with the 4831sc and h1000 with the 175eldx.

right now I'm really going back and forth on which bullet to start with —the 162 or the 175.
throat wise with the reamer I had spec out the difference to the lands is minimal.

still just gather data as of now. The rebarrel process should start after hunting season. I'm going to have benchmark do the work. They done a 7mm mag years ago with a old ruger m77 action and it still shoots even with my full custom out to 600 yards.
Plug in both bullets into a ballistics calculator and then look at drop, wind drift, etc and see which lines up with your desired hunting style.

I did this with the 180 hybrid @ 2835 and 168vld @ 2950 and they were nearly identical to 1000yds
Plug in both bullets into a ballistics calculator and then look at drop, wind drift, etc and see which lines up with your desired hunting style.

Thanks all
refresh this post. gun is now coming back from the smith soon. looking forward to the development. Not in a big hurry plan to try several powders and looking for combo that has biggest accuracy node.
believe I'm going to Start with h4350 and h4831sc with 160 and 180 class bullets.
after that I'm going to try slower burning powder.
process begins shortly.

24" proof 8.4tw, Tikka
162 ELDM .010 jump
ADG, CCi200
59.3 H4831sc
2920fps

162eldm.jpg

Lots of great info here. I'm starting my 7 SAUM build now. Wanting to stay on SA (less than 3.0" COAL). What are your COAL's to the lands with the 162" ELDX? Sammi or custom freebore? Thanks