7 saum full custom mnt rifle

ramrod79

DSC01298.jpg

Full custom 7 SAUM 23.5" tube, built on 700 action , 7.4LBS as it sits, a little heavier than I had anticipated but, its done, will get out to shoot as soon as it stops raining. Now tring to decide if my M7 260 custom should go for a 6.5 284 build??

My aim with this build was to get it as light as possible. It has the original factory barrel and the action has not been trued.
I fluted the barrel and got it threaded for a non-directional muzzle brake. Bolt has been fluted and a light weight firing pin used. I made a carbon fibre stock for it (16.5oz). The scope is too heavy but the magnification is perfect, it is a Bushnell 6500 2.5 -16 x42 sitting in lightweight Talley one piece bases..
The bare rifle weight is 5lb 4 oz, and is 6lb 10 oz with scope and bases, no bipod.

Shoots 140 accubond around 3060 fps and 0.6 -1 MOA and the 162 a-max at 2870 at 1-1.25 MOA. The a-max load needs some tweaking.

Warning! This thread is more than 11 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Recent Posts