7 SAUM defiance AnTi action choice

I'm building my 7 SAUM on a AnTi short action with a Bainey box, just like one would with a 700. The Bainey box will give me enough room and is much cheaper than XM parts.
A long action will give you more versatility of you wanted a more powerful cartridge down the road.

Thank you, honestly, I never understood how these things work, i.e., using a longer magazine box on a shorter action. How do you cycle unfired rounds out of the chamber. Is the ejection port big enough, or do you pull the bolt?
Sorry for the potentially silly question.

I have a 300 WSM on an XM action. I'm shooting 215 grain Berger Hybrids seated with the shank/boat tail junction at the neck/shoulder junction. Plenty of room in the magazine and to eject loaded rounds. Defiance told me the XM was intended for this class of cases. I also shoot a 22-250 from a long action. Works fine.

Thank you, honestly, I never understood how these things work, i.e., using a longer magazine box on a shorter action. How do you cycle unfired rounds out of the chamber. Is the ejection port big enough, or do you pull the bolt?
Watch the video from Wyatt's, he shows how to open up the action. They now make a 3.2+ (I forget the exact length) for the 700 SA that comes with the extended bolt stop.

I was at the same dilemma about a month ago.. I went with the anti x short 22" barrel and 7 Sherman short. Can't give many details cuz I'm still waiting on the barrel to finish but there are a lot of people running it with great results
I'm gonna do the exact same thing as you

The AnTi has a lengthened ejection port to save weight. Kills two birds with one stone.

I was at the same dilemma about a month ago.. I went with the anti x short 22" barrel and 7 Sherman short. Can't give many details cuz I'm still waiting on the barrel to finish but there are a lot of people running it with great results
I have the same setup and very happy with it. The .110" freebore is a little short so I throated out to .175" and everything still fits nice in a 2.980" mag. Something to consider. It flat hammers.

I have the same setup and very happy with it. The .110" freebore is a little short so I throated out to .175" and everything still fits nice in a 2.980" mag. Something to consider. It flat hammers.
I didn't even check into the free bore when I ordered a prefit so I'm not sure what I'll end with there. I'll be running 162s so hopefully should have plenty of headroom and decent velocity with quicker powders like n555 or n560

7 SAUM on an anTi XM action and 22" carbon barrel? With Defiance XM alloy BDL? You don't say….

75B2E27D-690C-4F80-8204-BED3790723B2.jpeg
841604C9-3B03-4E3B-A4CE-3818FB4C2252.jpeg