7 RUM in SSF Sendero

My 7 RUM likes Reloader 25, shooting 140 grain Nosler Ballistic Tips and Partitions. Have averaged 3501 at maximum loads and great accuracy with the Ballistic Tip. Good luck and let us know how you get along.

HighLander,

Sounds like a winner, I have both RL 25 and 140gr NBTs on hand so I'll have to try that. What primer are you using?

db

dbhostler,

I've just got one of these too! Still working out the kinks on it. Keep watching for my progress (if I have any to report on here). I've tried H1000 and Sierra Match King 168 grn and have obtained sub-MOA groups with this setup. I'm shooting it on top of 85.0 - 85.5 grains with a Federal Gold Match Primer in LR Magnum.

Good luck and be sure to share your findings.

I would strongly suggest you use the ladder method of load development - saves time, money and purportedly works from those who have tried it. I haven't tried it yet but will my next time out.

Do a search in this forum's archives and you'll probably find it. It is a link to a pdf file and the important stuff starts on the last couple of pages.

Good luck!

Howdy Boys,

First thing I need to do is fix the trigger. Then work on the ES. With a F-215 primer I am getting over 100fps spread. I tried the same load with a F-210 and the ES was cut in half, but the velocity dropped over 100fps too.
H-1000 is a recommended powder, I just haven't tried it yet.
In the neck of the woods I live in, most of my shots will be 600yds or less, so I tend to like the l30 to 150gr bullets and push them as fast and flat as possible. That's why I bought the RUM in the first place. Make sense?

db

Fixing the trigger was one of my first things to do also. You may want to adjust it yourself. There are instructions posted in some other threads for the Rem700 trigger. I would only do it myself if I had a trigger pull gauge though. Safety first.

Good info on the Fed210 primers, I have a bunch of those I could try them too.

Doug

dwm,

Have found the best fix of a Rem factory trigger is to replace it. They just don't seem to adjust as well as they did years ago. Seems as though many things are like that anymore.

db

I have heard the REM700 stainless steel triggers are much better than the regular steel triggers. I have 4 - REM700 in stainless, no regular steel models. Just can't deal with rust.

Is it the stainless steel trigger?

One of these days I will try a Jewel. I have one on my AR-15, now that was a bad trigger, factory Colt.

Doug

This may be too light of a bullet to shoot LD, but may work out to 500yds; 140gr NBT Moly over 92.0gr of I-7828 lit by a 215 primer for just over 3500fps. Looks like it has promise with slight pressure sign and easy extraction. But this of course is in my gun with my scales etc.
Still want to try RL-25.
Good Shooting,
db

Warning! This thread is more than 21 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Recent Posts