7 rem mag loads with 168 accubond long range

Trm82

Is anybody shooting the 168's in a sako 85 finnlite ? I have shot numerous powders and seating depths now and the best group I have got is 1.5" @200yards. If these have worked for anybody in a finnlite could you please share your info.

Is anybody shooting the 168's in a sako 85 finnlite ? I have shot numerous powders and seating depths now and the best group I have got is 1.5" @200yards. If these have worked for anybody in a finnlite could you please share your info.

Are you saying that .75 MOA from a light factory rifle doesn't work for you?

Are you saying that .75 MOA from a light factory rifle doesn't work for you?
Yes that's exactly what i'm saying . After I posted this I loaded up some 160 accubonds and tried them and I will just shoot those now. They shot really good , 0.75" at 200 yard at 3100 fps . And that 1.5" group with the 168's was the only decent group it shot with them. Most groups were 2-3" .

OK it was a one time deal.
My old 1976 tang Ruger is shooting the 168 LRAB in the .6-.7"s at 100 with 73 gr of H1000 at around 2860 fps. If I go to 74 gr the groups open up.
Just loaded some 175 gr LRAB s to try a few minutes ago but I'm pretty happy with the 168 load.

OK it was a one time deal.
My old 1976 tang Ruger is shooting the 168 LRAB in the .6-.7"s at 100 with 73 gr of H1000 at around 2860 fps. If I go to 74 gr the groups open up.
Just loaded some 175 gr LRAB s to try a few minutes ago but I'm pretty happy with the 168 load.

Have you tried the 150 lrab ? I had a tikka with a shilen bbl that shot them at 0.5" at 200yards at 3000fps and I got rid of it. Now I think I'm going to put a barrel on my sako and make a 28 nosler. Hopefully that will shoot the 168's.

Have not tried the 150s. I am favoring the heavier bullets these days.
That Tikka shot lights out. Not sure I would have got rid of it!

Have not tried the 150s. I am favoring the heavier bullets these days.
That Tikka shot lights out. Not sure I would have got rid of it!

heres a picture of a group that one I got rid of shot with the 150's . I still regret getting rid of it.

Attachments

• IMG_0400.JPG
    IMG_0400.JPG
    22.6 KB · Views: 121
I do believe that "THE BEST OF THE WEST" is shooting the LRAB's. Their claim is that this bullet doesn't get stable until it reaches 250 yards? I am thinking that they are so long, your standard 7mm 9 1/2 twist wont always work with these bullets. I am going to try the 150gr LRAB, as the B.C. is still high, and the animal I shoot, will never know the difference, as to the 18gr difference. Just my thoughts.

Warning! This thread is more than 10 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.