7 rem mag bullet choice for whitetail.

I only hunt with two bullets in my 7mags,the 150gr Ballistic Tip and the 160gr Accubond.I've used both bullets with 100% one shot kills.I get just a little bit larger wound channel and quicker kills with the Ballistic Tip because it sheds just a little bit more weight.I've been getting 100% exits on both bullets so it's hard to tell how much difference in retained weight.I'm sure if a lot of bone contact is made that is where the bonded bullet would really be an advantage.Nosler came out with the 160gr Ballistic Tip that I bet is a really great bullet too.This is from Noslers FAQ's

What is the difference between the Ballistic Tip® and the AccuBond®?

Externally, they look the same except for the tip colors, Ballistic Tip® bullets are color-coded by caliber while all AccuBond® bullets have white tips. Internally the Ballistic Tip® is not bonded and is designed for controlled expansion on medium game with approximately 50-60% weight retention. Conversely, the lead alloy core of the AccuBond® is bonded to the jacket. This bonding increases weight retention (65-70%) and slows expansion resulting in deeper penetration and enhanced bone-breaking potential in larger animals.

I have had great luck with the 160 grain hollow point Sierra Gameking. The hollow point boat tail Gamekings are tougher than their soft-point counterparts.

Just about any bullet you choose will kill a whitetail if you put it in the kill zone with a 7RM. Many of us are constantly trying to find the holy grail of bullets for our rifles. That's more than half the fun of it to me. I personally like 160AB's because that's what my rifle seems to like. If I could find a couple hundred, I would probably save a lot of time and $$ spent on various component combinations.
Good luck!!!

I just got done hunting here in Pa. Killed 3 deer 2 doe and a Buck. Using a 180 eldm in a 7SAUM. The buck was shot at 50yds high shoulder no exit DRT. 1st Doe was shot at 100 yds behind the shoulder. Caught ribs going in no exit DRT. The 2nd doe was shot just over 500yds. DRT didn't take a step. Now this is what's caught be off guard. I was going for a high shoulder shot but miss read the wind and hit her square in the guts bullet exited. I didn't know I hit her in the guts until I got to her. The way she went down I figured I hit shoulder. Long story short. If you want a bullet that's EXTREMELY forgiving in shot placement the 180eldm is the ticket. It anchors deer. Remember these are PA deer most are at 150lbs

I would vote for the 140 grain Nosler Partition. They are accurate, they make a big whap when they hit that can be heard for a quarter mile, and they penetrate all the way through a buck from side to side. Great bullet. I'm a hunter and not a target shooter so for me 300 yards is long range.

I will also concur with the accubond and partition being an excellent choice, partition being more of a heavy game bullet (elk and such) but will still do the job on whitetail but left them out from my other suggestions due to I have not been able to find any for quite some time now. If any one has a box they could part with I sure could use some, have a 7mm sendero that one holes them.

You did not mention expected range, but I load 175's and slow them down to about 2800.

If you can get them Berger 168 VLD, if not then whatever Hammer Hunter that matches your barrel twist, if HH, I would recommend a half twist slower than what you have.

162 or 175 eldx work good. Used them for the last 4 years and killed my share. I don't push them hard so Expansion was good.
160 Noslear partion. Always a go to round that always will get job done. Always.