7 rem mag and 180 hybrids

Joefrazell

Building a origin, proof 8 twist 24", being chambered by straight jacket for 180 gr bullets. Wondering what velocities you guys think I'll get? I've got Peterson brass and h1000, rl 25, 26 to try out. I'm really hoping to get 2900+ with great accuracy.

How much freebore are you going to have? I can get 2860 in a 26" 7mm RM with 69.5gr Retumbo and I'm a little under max. I just have a saami chamber though. I'm guessing I have around .180 freebore. I think it may be possible for you to get to 2900 if you have somewhere in the neighborhood of .219 freebore. That's with 180 elds. You may be able to push the Berger faster.

How much freebore are you going to have? I can get 2860 in a 26" 7mm RM with 69.5gr Retumbo and I'm a little under max. I just have a saami chamber though. I'm guessing I have around .180 freebore. I think it may be possible for you to get to 2900 if you have somewhere in the neighborhood of .219 freebore. That's with 180 elds. You may be able to push the Berger faster.
I'm really not sure to tell you the truth on the amount of freebore but it's chambered to shoot 180 gr. Pills. He said the reamer they use will put a 180 gr eldm at 3k with rl26 but I'm assuming that's a 26" tube. I'll be happy if I see 29xx fps. Accuracy is first and foremost and I know I'm gunna push it but don't wanna be at max pressure. I'd like to be able to load the brass 4-5 times or more. I'm playing the waiting game. I've got the action and trigger. Waiting on the barrel. Ordered an ag composite alpine hunter and pre ordered Hawkins m5 hunter bottom medal and mag. Mark 5 is coming off another rifle to go in it once finished. Hopefully will have it done by end of july

Last edited: