7 prc vs 7 blaser

Bghunter338

Ok, can someone please tell me why people are going crazy over this 7 prc when there's already one out there pretty much and it's called a 7 blaser and with a 7mm rem mag that has more case capacity. I just don't get it.

Last edited:
I have an improved 7 blaser. The std blaser and prc appear to be nearly identical performance, but you can't really get ammo for a blaser in the US

I have an improved 7 blaser. The std blaser and prc appear to be nearly identical performance, but you can't really get ammo for a blaser in the US

The closest supplier for 7 Blaser brass is Strobl.CZ that I was able to locate:

1685374522541.png

This converts to $3.88 per PIECE without shipping.

https://www.strobl.cz/en/brass-7mm-blaser-magnum_p9112

There are some suppliers in Australia but the prices I could find were higher yet.

I bought my supply when Norma was still interested in the U.S. market so I laid in a substantial supply. Reality is that with the advent of the both newer and older 7mm cartridges, the Blaser variation doesn't matter all, it's simply different by a few measly thousandths of an inch.

Enjoy!

:)

The closest supplier for 7 Blaser brass is Strobl.CZ that I was able to locate:

View attachment 466394

This converts to $3.88 per PIECE without shipping.

https://www.strobl.cz/en/brass-7mm-blaser-magnum_p9112

There are some suppliers in Australia but the prices I could find were higher yet.

I bought my supply when Norma was still interested in the U.S. market so I laid in a substantial supply. Reality is that with the advent of the both newer and older 7mm cartridges, the Blaser variation doesn't matter all, it's simply different by a few measly thousandths of an inch.

Enjoy!

:)
Yeah I bet they won't ship to the US

The shorter case makes it easier to run long, high BC bullets in a 7 PRC than a 7 Rem Mag at mag length. It also reduces the amount of capacity filled by the bullet, resulting in a higher percentage of case capacity available for powder. 7 PRC usually has a faster twist on factory rifles than 7 Rem Mag. Despite the lower capacity, 7 PRC matches or beats 7 Rem Mag in factory loads. This is due in part to the higher pressure PRC runs at. To a normal shooter running factory ammo in an OTS rifle those are meaningful advantages. To a handloader shooting a custom rifle it might not matter, but that's a small market compared to people shooting factory guns and ammo.

Blaser is essentially a wildcat in the US. Brass and ammo availability for 7 PRC is reasonable. 7 Blaser, not so much.

That's interesting since they ship reloading dies and accessories to the U.S.

Great that they responded to the email.