7-mm08 for youth elk

My 7-08 took a real nice 6x6 for a female relative with 140 Hornady IB and 48 gr. 4451. Top end load so work up.

Lots of great ideas here, if it were me I'd grab some R17 and a box of 120 TTSX and a box of 139 Horn sp (nothing fancy, not the boattail just the plain Jane sp) and you should be able to come up with a very workable load.

If I wanted to give one more bullet a go, then the good old 150 NBT is a rock star out of the 7/08. One of my best friends shot a corker of a bull with that load a couple years ago and he got something like 35" of penetration...

140gr Nosler Partition puts them in my freezer every time. Federal makes them in 7mm-08. and don't let anyone tell you 140gr is too light, or 7mm-08 isn't enough. Nothing goes very far without lungs.

Lots of great ideas here, if it were me I'd grab some R17 and a box of 120 TTSX and a box of 139 Horn sp (nothing fancy, not the boattail just the plain Jane sp) and you should be able to come up with a very workable load.

If I wanted to give one more bullet a go, then the good old 150 NBT is a rock star out of the 7/08. One of my best friends shot a corker of a bull with that load a couple years ago and he got something like 35" of penetration...

That 150 NBT wouldn't have been out of a Kimber Montana would it? IIRC two Montana guys I've talked with both love that bullet...

No love for the Berger 150gr classic hunter?? Thats what I will be shooting out of my 7/08 that is being built. Other than that, the 140 accubond or something equivalent would be my choice. Some good load options already thrown out as someone else mentioned.

Warning! This thread is more than 4 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.