7 mm wsm , 1250 yards, loaded for bear !!

ktgoodman

I've been cooped up with typical Idaho spring weather and wind and getting in some quality reloading time. I woke this morning with 40 degree temps and no wind, "so why not shoot the 7 mm WSM long range and verify the last batch of loads will shoot?" Here is my last 4 shots at 1250 yards. I needed one shot to get the wind right, I was 1 moa too far left on my first shot. My initial 35.75 Moa vertical adjustment was right on and that made me real happy and all 5 shots were good on vertical.

I'm not a long range competition shooter, just a hunter with a good gun. Kelbly custom 7 mm wsm, Brux barrel, jewel trigger, B&C stock, etc. When hunting, I hope for close shots, but its nice to know this gun will perform out to 600 / 800 yards on game.
I'm shooting 180 gr. berger VLD Hunter, 2950 fps, using H4831 ext sc, fed match primers, and well worked over Norma or Winchester Brass. Norma is my favorite (fire formed 300 wsm). This group was Winchester Brass.

Spring Bear season will open soon and I'm looking forward to sitting on some ridges with the gun looking for bears and listening to turkeys gobble. Life is good -

20190322_090422.jpg
20170501_160322.jpg

Warning! This thread is more than 6 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Recent Posts