7.7 Jap

Mountain Man

i know its not a normal long distance round, but i thought one of you guys might know something that could help. a buddy of mine here has one and wants me to teach him how to reload. he has brass and can get the die from cabela's, however, heads raised a question for me. although the 7.7 is close to a 7.62, does anyone know if i can use standard .308 heads, or will they be too small and have to get some especially for the 7.7?

If you use .308 bullets they will come out of the barrel but may not be accurate. The reduced diameter of the bullet does not seal the barrel very well!!! If you try this I would think you would want to look for the .308 bullets that are made to the highest diametr specs. Make sure you check all specs and loads as the substitution principle can be dangerous!!!

I have laoded a few 149grFMJ 7.62 with H380, its good for 100yds or so but you will want the .312 dia for when your trying out the anti-aircraft sights
wink.gif
whenever I mention the 7.7 to my Dad he reminds me that he remembers them being peerrty accurate
grin.gif

Warning! This thread is more than 21 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.