7.62x39 bolt and single shot rifle recommendations.

NDAR15MAN

Folks...... I have a very cheap AR15 rifle in the 7.62x39 cal. Shoots the cheap Russian ammo at a true 1 1/4 inch groups at 100 yards. Very happy with the gun. I am getting worried with the election that AR15 rifles might be no more. I bought 4000 rounds of the HP 124 gr Wolf ammo for the Ar15. Does anyone have a good review on a single shot rifle in the 7.62 c39 caliber ? H&R use yo make one but impossible to even find one , even pre-virus.
I think Rossi makes one but not sure how accurate. Do you think a barrel maker could make a contender type barrel in the 7.62x39 that would shoot 1 Moa ? Thanks. Marty

I wouldn't know why not. There are several custom T/C barrel makers out there that could make one. Otherwise, you could buy a 300 whisper NEF/H&R and have it rechambered and a new extractor. If a olt action isn't a problem , how about a Ruger American in 7.62x39?

No question the CZ will be a good bet for accuracy. Will shoot better with better ammo, but OK with the Wolf round. Wolf shot OK in our CZ .223.

Ok. I did not know if I was better off buying contender single shot and having a barrel made from a real good barrel maker. I know wolf ammo is poor quality. But 1 in 100 guns It seems shoot Wolf 124 GRHP 7.62x39 1 Moa to 1.2 moa like my cheap AR15 does. I want to find one In case they out law my AR15 rifle. I hate to have all this ammo and no gun to shoot with it. Wish I could find a single shot or bolt that I know for sure would shoot the cheap wolf. The problem is you never know till you plunk down your $500-$600 Now a days. Marty

Thanks for the info. I have to find out if the CZ And Howa 7.62x39 comes with the Rifle already drilled for a scope mount Or had the rail all ready on it. if not that's another $50.00 To drill it and so easy for a gunsmith to screw it up. Marty

IMG-0340 (1).jpgIMG-0054 (1).JPG
Ruger Hawkeye Compact Rifle, 2-7x Leupold, Oregunsmithing Stock. We've had other of these rifles, in other cartridges, and I've been very happy with them.

Ammo at this time was CorBon 150 grain soft point, 2300 fps. No real test of ammo most stuff dies when brained at 40 yards. Of the factory ammo I like this best, unfortunately It's not available anymore. Fortunately I bought enough of it I have mine.

I keep getting sidetracked for loading for it. I don't shoot it much, as I leave it to the kids. So group size seems good enough, but not enough bench time to explore potential. Kind of between kids, grandson is a little ways out.

I've got Hammer 130's for it just have to do it. I think I can get 2500 fps, just have to prove it.

Pretty scaled down, the 2-7X Leupold works, but at some point a reflex sight or 1-4X will go on it. I think it shows the scale pretty good, and gives a good idea of package size. Also had a rail installed, drilled and tapped.