7-33 Nosler

Lucky your smith has the reamer. I've found when necking down with bushing dies depending on the die and bushing it may or may not size enough of the neck to allow it to chamber which may leave you needing to find a way to size the entire neck.

Lucky your smith has the reamer. I've found when necking down with bushing dies depending on the die and bushing it may or may not size enough of the neck to allow it to chamber which may leave you needing to find a way to size the entire neck.
You're not wrong about the bushings, a little trial and error will get it sorted out.

Save the effort and just go 28 Nosler.
I do get the want of using the Norma case but I wouldn't be dinking around with the 33 Nosler but that's just me.
Reamer and Dies headache.
You're no fun..
When it comes to reamers I'm pretty much at the point where I want to spec my own to avoid clickers anyway, $275 for a perfectly designed reamer from Manson is nothing in the scheme of things.
Seems like it'd be super simple to cut down a FL 28 Nosler die and use it in conjunction with a 300 wsm die for initial necking down (I have both already).
After that you're using a redding 33 Nos FL bushing die off the shelf, or just the shortened 28 nos die

Last edited:
Alright so I scored some Peterson 33 Nos brass from a super helpful member.
Here's my initial results from necking a few down last night.
I used my 300 wsm die to take it to 30 cal. Then ran it through a 7 wsm die for the final neck down, it was super simple and resulted in a perfectly formed .284 neck.
The capacity is exactly 92 grains so my initial guess was stupid lucky.

I decided to neck another down and push the shoulder back a little to fit a Tikka mag with a 180 ELDM seated above the donut area.
Again it was pretty easy and resulted in an oal of 3.375" and a capacity of 88.5 grains.

Right now it's just for fun, but man I want to do something with this wildcat..

Right to left:
33 Nos, necked down, necked down and shoulder pushed back, 7 wsm
20230210_073419.jpg

Seated in tikka mag behind 7 wsm
20230209_191409.jpg